Grenaded the output shaft!

So the shop called today and told me that I broke my output shaft like I had thought originally.. When they built the thing they told me it had a year/12k mile warranty knowing the truck had a cammed 6.0 and 3200 stall and knowing it gets driven hard from time to time.. Well they won't cover it now. I'm not putting another 65e in it and the output shaft took part of the case with it so it can't be re used. He said the thing basically exploded and took a lot with it.. They want around 3k plus a converter to do an 80e swap.. So looks like ill be doing an 80e swap myself or having the guy that did zachs swap do mine! Lol. Thanks for the help guys. Ill keep y'all posted as stuff happens. Probably wont happen fast money is tight...

The warranty just states exactly "warranty on parts and labor is one years or 12,000 miles whichever comes first. Warranty work has to be performed in our shop & cannot exceed the original cost of repair." Says nothing about the output shaft lol.

The warranty just states exactly "warranty on parts and labor is one years or 12,000 miles whichever comes first. Warranty work has to be performed in our shop & cannot exceed the original cost of repair." Says nothing about the output shaft lol.

What their warranty means is the parts they replaced and the labor that it took to replace those parts.

That being said it is a BS warranty that is designed to make you feel warm and fuzzy and to protect them from having to fix anything in the future.

That is BS! You need to confront them about that. I just snapped the output shaft on my built trans a few months ago, which completely trashed the case. Jakes Performance built it to hold but as we all know things happen, he fixed it under warranty no questions asked. Even payed for the cut/clean of the converter. I opted to upgrade the trans some in the rebuild and was only charged for the upgraded parts, which is understandable.

You may wanna run it by Jake and see what he can do for you if this company will not follow through with the warranty.

Who was the shop that built your trans? A local one?

Tried confronting them about it.. It's a local shop here in east Texas that is one of the few shops that does good work, their argument is that everything they installed is still fine. Doing an 80e swap now though so don't have to worry about it anymore! The shop is charging me for just parts on it and helping me out so it's not too bad. Now just to decide between yank ss3200 or circle d 3200.. I know the yank is better but the circle d is cheaper! Lol. It blew the back of the case out and everything.. It was the stock output shaft so he said he can't warranty it and I sorta understand. At least he's trying to help. I sent zippy the pictures of the damage and he was quite surprised.. If that tells you anything. Lol.

They really should've put an 80e in these things.. Everybody I know with a 60e has to rebuild it at least twice lol.

Couldn't agree more! Have already trashed the factory 65e and a built 60e in less then a year of owning the truck.

I've never heard anybody say stay away from yank! I want to know why also... The circle d is just a rebuilt/re stalled core and the yank is a billet 9.5 converter.. I had my mind set on the yank unless you have a valid argument! Lol and yeah I've trashed the stock 65e and two built 65s...

I've never heard anybody say stay away from yank! I want to know why also... The circle d is just a rebuilt/re stalled core and the yank is a billet 9.5 converter.. I had my mind set on the yank unless you have a valid argument! Lol and yeah I've trashed the stock 65e and two built 65s...

I would be happy to discuss it no problem.

PM Sent

I bet the guy at yank told you this. He said the same to me atleast. LOL

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Sorry to hear the output shaft exploded; been through that myself, several times. Very heartbreaking when it happens.

Yup your warranty was not worth the paper it was written on. OTOH nobody will warranty a performance trans build.

Converter - neither is my personal choice; however I would take my chances with the Circle-D before the Yank SS3200, we've had a truck gain 1/2-second by replacing that converter with a TCS.

You can blame the US Congress (CAFE standards) for the 4L60 in these trucks, the fleet MPG with the 4L80 is too low to pass Congressional mandate, hence why they were never put in the half-ton trucks.

Mr. P.