Its The NEW STYLE!! (headlights)

Title was a Beasties reference..

Anyway, when i bought my truck one of the worst things about it was the headlights were crappy. One of the tabs was broken on an upper light so it always shook as I drove, I could see the headlight rattling. One of the lower light fixtures has lots of water and moisture, even some rust looking spots in there. So i've been looking at all the options on ebay. I really liked the crystal clear set and i noticed there were some auctions that also included some extra straight or L shaped led bars (they seemed like between 6-8 inches long) and i though about how they would look inside the brake duct. Something to give it bit of a modern look (heck it seems like most high end cars have them now and i'd like the truck to look more modern too) . Then i stumbled on these, and damn, i think they look great!

null_zps1f3c34e2.jpg
null_zps07891db6.jpg
th_9331FA0E-EAD0-4ECB-9742-FC3700D7DC81-
This last one is a video.
A side note to anyone considering these. I wish i could say they fit perfectly and i put them in in 10 min, but i'd be lying. The biggest problem was the fact that on the lower lights, the inner tab is too short. After you hook it on, you actually have to shift the light to the outside edge of the truck to get that part to snap in, and when you shift it that far...the damn inner tab falls out. Very frustrating. But I made something work. I didnt want to drill through the new plastic because come on, its made in china, damn thing might shatter then i'd be screwed. So I extended it a bit with a small piece of aluminum angle and a pan head screw and some gorilla glue. See the pictures.
null_zps5a42651b.jpg
null_zpsd7008ee4.jpg
The screw is just pinching it until the glue sets up.
There might have been some easier way but this is what i cam up with.
Here's the link to the auction. I paid like $130 shipped. But right now I can only find them listed in the Crystal Smoked instead of just Crystal. If you're interested maybe just contact the seller I bought mine from.
Edited by NipRing (see edit history)

• 5 weeks later...

Nope, the leds are powered by the old tiny side marker light wire (the end of the led power wire is in the shape of the bottom of the old marker bulb so it plugs right in).

I did however have a fogging problem with one of the lower lights and was sent a replacement set. But the fit is still the same, needs that bit of extension on the inner part like i mentioned above.