Yeah it is an option, and I dont like it. My 00 Silverado A/C controls were way better, in my opinion. I know my SS has that auto option, but I never really use it. And i find myself trying to concentrate on the two nobs and all the buttons on where i want the vents pointing instead of driving, it drives me crazy. I wish they would go back to just the single nobs

My opinion

J.K.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Step by step....hmm...really I didnt run into any problems untill now, I dont think I ran big enough power cable because I keep on flipping the breaker, I hooked up a breaker under the hood to keep from blowing fuses and the breaker keeps flipping when I turn up the music really loud its weird...but only the highs flip I dont understand, right now I am running 4 guage power wire and I think I might need 0 guage because Im running like almost 2000 watts.

But everything started with the dynamat process. The first thing i took out was the back seat which is only 4 bolts, and I ended up taking off the baby-seat cables and straps when I put teh seat back in because they were only a pain. After the back seat I took out both the front seats and unplugged the power to them and then the center console, the Bose amp is located inside the center console so thats the reason it is so heavy when taking it out. After that comes out you have to take out teh AC ducting and then the carpet comes right up I think. Then we layed down all the dynamat. After we did the floor we took the head liner off which was a chore. But it was pretty much a routine install, if you have any particular questions just ask and ill do the best i can to answer, my freind helped me alot to but Just ask im sure i can find out. later guys!

P.S. Ill post more pictures when I get my visor mounted screens installed.

Jonathon K.

Step by step....hmm...really I didnt run into any problems untill now, I dont think I ran big enough power cable because I keep on flipping the breaker, I hooked up a breaker under the hood to keep from blowing fuses and the breaker keeps flipping when I turn up the music really loud its weird...but only the highs flip I dont understand, right now I am running 4 guage power wire and I think I might need 0 guage because Im running like almost 2000 watts.

Quick q's.

What size breaker are you using? 100 amp is too small at your theoretical max output. and 200 amp is overkill. If you are flipping a 200 amp, you have bigger problems. :confused: A 140 should be ideal for your application. I believe your amps are internally fused...are they?

What load does your sub amp see? ie How did you wire your subs? OHM?

Same question for your mids/highs?

Is the Cap on all the amps? Did you charge the cap utilizing a resistor prior to installing? I hope you didn't put the breaker after the cap :sigh:

What size are your ground wires and what lengths? Where are they located?

Does your supply wire get hot just before the breaker?

Kudos on a clean install! :thumbs::cool:

FYI, I have used over 2K watts rms (unregulated power supply) on a single 4awg line with no problems. Required a 200amp breaker though.

Hey thanks for your help, I figured out what the problem was and it was so simple. See I was getting a LOUD POPPING noise through my door speakers and it would flip my breaker, well I figured out by hitting differnt peaces in my truck with my hand untill it started popping, turns out it was the Tweeters in the towers in the front windshield. The back of them where the pos and neg wires are saudered"spelling?" were hitting the frame of the tower where it is metal and was causing the hole system to short out, or at least the amp to the highs....but yeah so i just siliconed over the wires so tehy dont touch anymore and im good, a quick fix :)

Thanks for you suggestions!

Jonathon.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Yes it is very easy to make the aftermarket deck combatible with the steering wheel controls. All you have to do is buy an adapter that is about 65 dollers. I have one and already installed it, now all of the buttons work on the steering wheel. The product I got I ordered from PAC industries, the website is www.go2pac.com Hope that helps, good luck

Jonathon

Archived