Any running a comp cam xr275hr?

Just wondering if any one here is running that comp cam xr275hr in their dd? I was looking at this cam instead of the xr265hr. I have a tbss stall installed and don't know if I need to get a higher stall to run either cam.

There are probably 50 or more trucks on here with that cam. Why on earth would you do a TBSS converter? If you want to do a cam you should use a converter with a higher than stock stall, yes. The converter from the 4.2L Trailblazer is a decent stall over stock, but the TBSS converter is no better than a stock SSS.

There are probably 50 or more trucks on here with that cam. Why on earth would you do a TBSS converter? If you want to do a cam you should use a converter with a higher than stock stall, yes. The converter from the 4.2L Trailblazer is a decent stall over stock, but the TBSS converter is no better than a stock SSS.

That was a typo on my end. I currently have a TBTC from the 4.2L installed in my SS. How is the performance on this cam? Do I need to go with a higher stall converter to run this cam? I was also looking at the XR265HR but that does not seem to be worth the hastle of going through the cam swap. I am looking for something that is noticable, but DD friendly. I don't tow much, and when I do it is two sea doos or quads. Maybe there is a better cam option for me than those I have mentioned. I am looking to get the cam installed with springs, push rods, and TBSS intake. I currently have installed TBTC, servos, shiftkit, 160 degree thermo, shorty headers, dual flowmaster 40s, and wheatly tune. I also need to be able to stay smog legal. Edited by silverss05 (see edit history)

That cam is a great cam for a daily driver with a mild stall like that. The higher stall would of course be alot better, but the TBTC would be enough to get the job done. The downside is that the cam is quite choppy due to the overlap and LSA and will take some very impressive tuning to get past emissions. It is possible, but going to be tough. I would recommend the Trick Flow 220/224 cam ( http://www.trickflow.com/partdetail.asp?part=TFS%2D30602002&autoview=sku ) over the 275 Comp simply because it will be more emissions freindly due to less overlap and yet be similar power wise.

I have that same exact Comp cam and love the sound of it... I does indeed have a nice chop but does require some good tuning to get rid of idle surging... But once the tunes nailed it runs like a champ... I initialy was NA so this was the cam I decided to go with and would never go back... But since I am FI now I wish I would have found a more blower friendly cam, but at the same time it still runs hard and sounds awesome... It has a great powerband for NA, I beleive it comes on at 1800rpm and stretches out to 6800... If you like that old school thump that performs well in a DD and a mild to medium top end build this is the cam for you bud... This is just my personal experience with this cam running it for over 5 years now... Zippy won't stear you wrong either and has way more experience in these cams and others so its all up to you now...

Edited by 2003_SuperSport (see edit history)

Hey zippy looking for a cam and springs.

05 silverado ss

3000 circle d stall

vette servo, billet servo, hd2 shift kit, bigger tranny cooler.

K&N cai, 160 stat, pacesetter long tube, e cutouts, magnaflow 3in.

Tune after the cam

Uses- fun dd, track every now and again

Possible NOS system down the line maybe 100 to 125 shot. You have any preference there either?

I have that same exact cam and love the sound of it... I does indeed have a nice chop but does require some good tuning to get rid of idle surging... But once the tunes nailed it runs like a champ... I initialy was NA so this was the cam I decided to go with and would never go back... But since I am FI now I wish I would have found a more blower friendly cam, but at the same time it still runs hard and sounds awesome... It has a great powerband for NA, I beleive it comes on at 1800rpm and stretches out to 6800... If you like that old school thump that performs well in a DD and a mild to medium top end build this is the cam for you bud... This is just my personal experience with this cam running it for over 5 years now... Zippy won't stear you wrong either and has way more experience in these cams and others so its all up to you now...

That sounds good. I will be looking into the suggested trick flow cam. Maybe down the road I'll swap my TBTC out for a higher stall in the range of 2800-3000. Thanks for the help guys.

That sounds good. I will be looking into the suggested trick flow cam. Maybe down the road I'll swap my TBTC out for a higher stall in the range of 2800-3000. Thanks for the help guys.

I used the Comp XR275 cam not the trick flow as I forgot to make it clear... LOL... Its a great cam and you'll love it.... here is a short clip of my e-cutouts with this cam... Sorry the sound clip is lame as it was with my Iphone 3g 5 years ago LOL