Exhaust size

KyleODaniel

7 P's : Proper Previous Planning will Prevent Piss Poor Performance What are your end goals, where do you plan an taking the build?

I like this! Reminds me of plaques plastered on doors all over the plant i work at....Your lack of planning does not constitute an emergency on my part. Lol

To the OP, I'm switching from the stock 6.0 dual setup to 3" lt collectors into 3" y pipe to single 3" back....magnaflow has a chart showing cubes vs piping, and single 3" is fine for a 364 up to over 500 horses, and it says a general rule of thumb you can increase the OEM size piping 1/4 to 1/2 for more power, but not to go bigger than that....i assume that is implying all things staying the same (other than the pipe size) though....you start putting a lot more power down and piping will have to get bigger at some point. Just dont go too big and slow down the gases..

7 P's : Proper Previous Planning will Prevent Piss Poor Performance What are your end goals, where do you plan an taking the build?

Other plans for the truck is just a new cam setup, and that will probably be all on this truck and just use it as my DD

You should be fine with that setup then. What happens all the time is everyone says I'm only going to do this and then a year later tey want more. It's addicting

I'm sure I'll find myself wanting to do more but I'll try saving all that for a new truck.

Just me but I wouldn't put single exhaust on my truck. It came with duals so that's what I'd leave it with. I don't personally want any choke points in my exhaust. I want air in and out ASAP.