what a weekend ( I friking hate thieves!!!)

diggerdan11

Hey Dan,

Condolences to you and your family on the loss on your Grandad. He's in a better place.

I can't abide a thief. They are some of the lowest form of human. I would be pretty tempted to try and bait them back to the house like LilEz mentioned, but it would possibly get you in trouble, too.

Again thanks everyone for kind words.

We got a very small lead on the trailblazer last night. I was at my grandparents house and I got a phone call from someone who said they were walking near there house out in the woods early Sunday morning and saw a silver SUV go flying by and they walked further and they found a bunch of medication with my grandparents name on it, so they looked up the number in the phone book and called us.

I dont think anything will come out of it, but at least now the police have an idea of where the criminals might have gone after they broke in. It was in a very small town about 30 miles from our house so hopefully the police check the area out

Very Sorry to hear about your grandfather Dan - takes a lot of strength to see the good in situations like that.

Keep us updated - Im looking forward to hearing about these @ssholes getting some sort of karma back in their direction.

im very sorry to hear about all the terrible news! my prayers go out to your lost ones and your family!, i hope they catch the scumbags who stole from you's its a sad world out there and no one cares about anyone but themselves,.. keep your head up and stay strong

So I'm 99% sure that the people that broke into my grandpas house are the meth heads that are always at my neighbors house. Well yesterday I noticed there was a black Honda parked in their back yard without plates and I thought it was kinda funky well this morning I read on Facebook about a stolen Honda that matched the description. In called it in a sure enough it was stolen. I guess there has been a string on Honda thefts in my town over then last couple days. I also heard that this afternoon the cops may have caught someone driving one of the stolen hondas. So I am crossing my fingers that its the same people. I know its unlikely that they will recover any of the stolen items I just hope they catch the A holes.

I am really disappointed they also stole my grandpas service medals and ribbons. They are not worth anything and they probably were just thrown in the trash. There were only 2 things in my grandparents entire estate that I wanted and one was my grandpas service ribbons and the flag from his burial. And because of these a holes I won't get one of those.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

They took his ribbons! WTF, who does that!!!! Thats the last straw, all I need is a photo and general location :M16: In all sincerity though I hope the folks they bust for the hondas are them or they track them down and find at least the ribbons because those POSs didnt know what to do with them and still have them.

So they found my Grandpas Trailblazer. It was found in the garage of an abandoned house, but the police did not catch anyone, but they supposedly did arrested 3 people yesterday on car theft charges so maybe they are the same people. The car was in OK shape. It had light scratches where it looks like they drove through the brush and the front bumper is hanging a bit. But the stereo and everything else was there. There was a bunch of junk in it that looks to have been stolen from someone else's house but it does not look like there is anything of my grandpas in the car. There was also a couple bags of mail. We are going to get it re-keyed and have it professionally cleaned. I just think its interesting that there was a string of Honda thefts in my town at the same time and one of them was found at my neighbors house. The same neighbors that I am certain broke in. So hopefully its the same people that they just recently arrested. Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Edited by diggerdan11 (see edit history)

So I have not heard anything whether or not the police have any leads. The car is at a body shop where they will go through it, clean it, buff it, re-key it, and replace or fix anything that needs to be fixed.

My grandpas former caregiver knows the lady that lives next door and the druggies that she always has hanging around. She is 99% sure she knows who broke in to my Grandpas house. She told us that these criminals have more to fear than just being arrested. Supposedly they pissed off some people you really dont want to piss off. The criminals are tribal, and the local tribe has been know to dispense street justice when needed. And steeling from an elderly man on his death bed is definitely frowned upon. Also this care giver (who is also a native) when she is not helping elderly people, she is cooking food for other poor tribal members, and she is very well known and respected in the community. So not only did these people steel from a dying elderly man, but they also stole from this caregivers clients, that is 2 big strikes against them. She told us that things will work themselves out, and thats all she would say.

I really would love to see a little street justice followed by some actual justice.

Edited by diggerdan11 (see edit history)