Painting engine cover

Danny, what kind of paint do i need if I use that, I have seen these before....and how long do they last? How many would I need for spraying the covers....i seriousely have no issues with using a rattle can, I have gotten pretty good with making spray paint look good, but I have always wanted to use one of those sprayers...just didnt figure they would last long

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Danny, what kind of paint do i need if I use that, I have seen these before....and how long do they last? How many would I need for spraying the covers....i seriousely have no issues with using a rattle can, I have gotten pretty good with making spray paint look good, but I have always wanted to use one of those sprayers...just didnt figure they would last long

1 for base coat and 1 for clear. You cant shoot primer through them though,

Base coat I would use RM or PPG DBC. You might have a ppg supplier near you and they may also have shopline which is the cheapest.

clear coat would have to be a very thin clear like advantage or shopline. Those are also very cheap clears.

I wouldnt use bulldog as it has been known to have static release issues and bleed back issues.

I would look at urethane supply company. I have used it and it is awesome stuff.

http://www.urethanesupply.com/Plastic-Magic-1/Plastic-Magic-aerosol/

Edited by Sprayed99 (see edit history)