Painting engine cover

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Jason who did yours? Looks awesome!

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

MillerSS did them. Only took 4 months to get back lol.

Yea jason, i really like how the hydrodipped engine covers on yours look

Thanks. When you pop the hood the engine bay really pops out at you.

Rattle Can :nono:

learn how to paint!

016-3.jpg

002-24.jpg

Maybe some people Don't have the air compressor or paint gun's to be able to just go out in their garage/shop and paint stuff. Thats their choice. I have paint matched plenty of things with rattle canning it and never had any issue with it chipping or scratching easy. Everybody has different ways of doing things.

That fuse box top looks good with the SS, How'd ya do it

Sent from my Galaxy S-Fawhore

After I primed the fuse box cover I laid a few coats of silver down. after the silver dried I had some SS logo's cut out in sticker material. I laid the SS logo's down on top of the silver. I then added a few light coats of arrival blue over the cover. after those dried I peeled off the SS logo's the added a few more coat of arrival blue over the entire cover. after the SS logo's were to the shade I wanted I then cleared the covers. I could have ghosted them in a bit more but I wanted them to stand out a bit but not to much. I was just messing around and wanted to see how it would turnout. I just went and got a spare cover from the junkyard for a few dollars.

something like this

micspics025.jpg

then I laid blue down. then peeled the SS logo's I laid down then added a few more coats of blue, to kind of ghost it in.

micspics004.jpg

micspics009.jpg

Edited by shawnss (see edit history)

heres mine RATTLE CANED. but don't rattle can things ^^^^ :rollin: you must only do it legit with a HVLP spray gun and air compressor and mix your own paint.. IMG_8519.jpg

First off it was a joke to the OP and he knows it was.

Second, You can clearly see from your pictures that rattle can has a horrible problem with dye back

Third, You don't have to use a HLVP and a compressor.

Preval-Sprayer.jpg

If you or anyone else is happy with the finish from a rattle can that is fine. I was just razzin Brent a little.

Edited by Sprayed99 (see edit history)