2003 SSS D1SC advice PLEASE!!!!!!!

Hello like it says in the post I have and 2003 SSS and it's completely stock except for the cat back flow master 10 series I put on for just a little sound.

So now for the good stuff I just bought a D1SC that I am gonna install this winter here is what I am after looking for roughly 500 to the wheels if I get more great but hopefully I can get 500 so with the kit I'm getting:

3 core intercooler

All piping

10 and 15 pound pulley

Non slip belt

NOT Getting:

Fuel pump injectors

Tune

Need help with that and I also kinda wanna put a cam in it and I have no clue what kind of cam I'm sure they would help me but I would like to know some what what I'm looking for!

O yeah for I also wanna convert my truck to e-85!

Now that's what I wanna do but I am open minded bc I wanna build I decent truck it's not gonna b a drag truck just a nice truck with some get up and go! If I can do all that this winter then next winter some more maybe this summer but let me know what you think and if you have ssuggestions on a good place to get it all tuned at with an awd dyno in Ohio or with in 1000 miles of 43724. Here some pics of the kit I bought and what it's all going on thanks

post-25496-0-20875300-1387015951_thumb.jpeg

post-25496-0-45594800-1387015967_thumb.jpeg

post-25496-0-67191300-1387015986_thumb.jpeg

post-25496-0-89098400-1387016164_thumb.jpeg

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice setup you got there. You should start with the 10 lbs pulley and work your way up the boost ladder. One of the first things that you will need is a built transmission with a stall. I have a LS6 can in my truck and it runs very well. My truck is a DD so I have to keep it drivable and reliable, yet still powerful. You will be surprised how much power even 6 psi feels like!

Make sure to get a wideband BEFORE you boost your truck!

Edited by D1SCSS (see edit history)

Thats going to be sick man! There is so so much you can do. We are going to have a good 10 or so SSSs running the D1 now, good purchase. You will almost for sure need to bump up the injectors... if not you can go ahead an sell that 15lb pulley to me haha. Transmission is what everyone is about to scream at you also, and for good reason... you will read on here time and time again that the tranny is the weak link. I just picked up a D1 myself as well as a cam and fast LSXRT intake with a ls3 throttle body. All depends on where you want to go with your truck, the D1 alone though will for sure need a tranny and injectors IMO. Good Luck, tons of great guys on here for procharger help!!!

I have a tread going on the tranny and awd page I figured it would put a shift kit and vette servos didn't really want to put a stall in but I would if there's one that would b friendly to my wife bc she loves to drive my truck any suggestions please keep them coming

And I'll pass on selling the 15 pound pulley but thanks

If it were me I would get rid of all the rubber hoses and the piping and go with 3" custom hard piping all the way. I have had to many hoses blow from boost pressure caused from swelling. Plus the little piping will hold you back. Not saying do it now, but look into it.

yeah your not going to want to run that without fuel system upgrades, mainly injectors... also on a bone stock truck, i would NOT run any more than a 10 lb pulley. your already asking for tranny issues at that... id at least put a transgo shift kit, vette servo, and a larger trans cooler in it at minimum before you boost the truck. also the tune and person setting it all up is the critically important thing! if THAT is all wrong, no matter what you do- your in trouble.

Honestly i would build the trans you have now from a good source to sit the power level of your truck that your goal is. I always build my transmissions to hold more power than what i plan to make as a safety net.

HP are all different due to other modifications to the engine. On a normal basis of the normal boost pressures and cam exhaust, 500 is not a a bad figure to start with and thats on the low spectrum. The D1SC is capable of huge power as long you build the motor right. I was making a little over 700 RWHP on my vette with a D1 and wasnt close to maxing it out.