2003 SSS D1SC advice PLEASE!!!!!!!

im not going to disagree, building it would be ideal. but cost vs. down time, most customers ive had dont have the time or money to drop it at first. plus a healthy 65e with a shift kit/servo and proper tune can handle that boost fine with a good tune and no "teenage" driving (well, not consistently :lol: )

Do they consider the 4l60 the same as the 4l65 on summits web site

yes, almost entirely the same. very few internal things that are different. just make sure its for 4L60E, hence the E.

So what kind of numbers do all the other d1sc SSS put down??

like an SSS with just a D1 kit...? boost level? you gotta be a tad more specific :)

Edited by kelleyperformance (see edit history)

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^Well I'm gonna prob run 10 pound pulley except if they think I should run the 15 pound pulley when I get to the tune shop If they think I'll b fine then I'm gonna probably put it on and have them tune it and I may buy a mild cam if I have some cash left after doing the shift kit servos fuel pump e85 injectors not sure what all that's gonna cost me? Links to some good cams injectors and etc that I may need would be helpful thanks

Your gonna be dropping some serious coin. If it were me I'd def put some money in the trans. Your gonna wish you had later when you make some power. Sounds like a nice build but you can't pinch pennies when your doing it.

Edited by JC03SS (see edit history)

Yeah man I started with only 3k in the procharger kit itself and now I'm probably or at least nearly (I dont bother to add it up haha) in to it for 10k and I still have a few thousand bucks worth of stuff I wanna get before finally slapping it all together. I hope your wife really likes driving your truck because you guys may have to live in it once the mod bug hits hehe :jester:

As long as whoever is tuning the truck knows what theyre doing and he has the fuel system to support it especially running E85, how do you figure he is asking for trouble running 15psi? Hell I was running 93 on 15psi without a problem.

To the OP, give Zippy a call and talk to him about tuning. I can promise you that he will do a better job tuning it via e-mail and logs than any shop in your area. Feel free to PM me as well, youre building something damn similar to what my truck was with the procharger.

That's a true statement. In all honesty, unless you have an ungodly transmission builder in your area, I'd save myself the headaches and pick up an 80e. A good rebuild with a shift kit and you should be just fine with the 80e. With a rebuilt stock trans with upgrades like I said in your other thread, it could last you forever, or not make it through the first few WOT pulls. Its a crap shoot.

I myself would rather have live logging done for tuning than a mail order. Every motor is different and live logging would get you the best tune.

That is not what Zach is referring to.

If you have tuning software, you can log the truck just the same as someone sitting in the passenger seat. Email the log file, the tuner makes adjustments and emails back, and you reflash. Then you either repeat the process or make a run.

What also helps is having a wideband that is tied into the software and will greatly help the tuner.

Also, running this kind of boost you will most likely have a SD tune which will constantly have to be modified due to the constant change in weather.

Yes, thanks Brian. I'm talking about picking up HP Tuners and logging the truck yourself and emailing the files to the tuner for modification. Not many times are there an abundance of shops in everyone's area that know what the hell they're doing when it comes to tuning. Some may think they are badass and know everything about everything but in reality are just punching numbers in till shit works.

i agree , pick up hp tuners (consider it one of your mods to do) give zippy a call and he will get you handled from there. as far as what other trucks make with a d1 i would guess your truck will run mid to low 13's bone stock and on 10 psi, and mid to high 12's on 15 psi. just figure every pound of boost is roughly 20hp +/-