Looking at Batteries

I have been looking for a really good quality battery since optimas have pretty much went to crap. I have been looking at XS power batteries. I know danny uses them does anyone else have any experience with these batteries? If so let me know Thanks

Also im looking at the D series battery from xs

I bought a battery just a couple months ago. Looked at Oddessy, it was somewhere around $275 at Amazon, Looked at Optima till I noticed the terrible ratings, Looked at the top of the line Interstate, (Their local to me 4 yr. warranty but $265. Settled for top of the line NAPA, ( :jester: ), Paid $125 and got better cold crank & cycle stat's than the Interstate and I can buy two of them for the price of the boutique battery's. I figure two of the NAPA's will outlast one of the other battery's.

I imagine that you can get a better deal on the NAPA batt. than I did. (You still work for them?) I'd stay close to home if it was me.

Edited by Downeast Johnny (see edit history)

Yea I still work for them but im going to be adding stereo stuff and I just want piece of mind that the napa battery really hasn't given me. im going to be putting a 200 amp alternator on as well which may just help so I might stay with the napa battery

Yea I still work for them but im going to be adding stereo stuff and I just want piece of mind that the napa battery really hasn't given me. im going to be putting a 200 amp alternator on as well which may just help so I might stay with the napa battery

Dual battery set-up?

Might be the way to go.

Edited by Downeast Johnny (see edit history)

no just a bigger amp alternator and a single battery may do the job just not sure

Gottcha. :thumbsup:

I know that CHawkins6789 has a pretty big alt in his truck. Might be worth asking him about hi set-up. I've been tempted to ask him myself but ain't yet.

http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/user/24042-chawkins6789/

So how long has it been since Optima went to junk. I bought a red top about 2 years ago and its been a great battery. We just had -21 degree's all this week I went out and cranked up my V8 s10 and it got flooded out with fuel. By the time I got it to finally fire up again most other battery's would have been toast. I cranked it so long and it never died. I have yet to put any sort of charger on it all winter and its been a hell of a winter here in Montana and this Red top hasn't skipped a beat. This truck sits outside all winter long not inside. so this battery has seen some crazy low temps. I'm just wondering if I bought it before they started having problems with them? this battery is about 2 yeas old.

yea shawn its been really bad in the past year or so they out sourced everything to china and quality went away when then did that.

My understanding is everything got outsourced to Mexico. They are still great batteries but the failure rate of them has gone up since they moved production. Even if its 1 out of 20, that's pretty bad.

I run Xs power. If I wanted to go cheap tho I would go to sams or whatever and get a group 31 deka duracell.

Sent using Tapatalk.

I bought a yellow top optima in December and just put the battery in about a month ago. It's been good so far. Lowest temps have been in the high 20s low 30s and no issues.

I owned a yellow top a few years back without any issues. And I heard about them sourcing to Mexico before I bought the recent one but got too good of a deal to pass it up, the other option was the xs

I dont want to go cheap thats why im looking at xs if that was the case id stick with my napa battery. I'm just looking for people who have them and like them or dont like them. How long has yours held up so far??

I've only had my Xs powers in for 2 years now. I got one s3400 under the hood and one d3400 by my audio. Running stock alt with two amps pushing doors and two 15s taking up the back seat.

To early to really tell if they are shit or not. Never seen a bad review on them though other than price.

Sent using Tapatalk.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...