305/50 420s

Brentd

Thats the point, thats the one thing i miss about having 24s with 305/35s, it had a nice wide stance. No snow down here but plenty of rain. I wanted an good looking tire that is also functional. I originally wanted some kdw2 305/50s when i saw them on a truck, but I couldnt find them so i went with the really popular tire on this site, the 420s

After running the Nitto 420s I wont run another sport tire besides the 420s. I really like them. I have ran toyo proxes and BFG KDW T/A and I like the nittos much better. Mine have been wearing great. I like the wider 305 tire. I know some run a slimmer tire to get away with really low trucks. but the 305 is cheap insurance. I'm VERY picky about how close I get to a curb when parking my truck. I have now hit two curbs ever with my 24s in 4 years and the wider tire has saved the wheel every time. no wheel rash whatsoever.

I'm gonna go with the toyo proxeys next. Everyone I talk to say the 420's wear out to fast. I personally don't like a directional tire. They look cool but that's about it. And never heard one good thing good about the BFG's

There are a few East Coast guys who have that size, also I believe Eddie ( ss truck) is running that size IIRC :)

If you plan on dropping it more than 2" you may have some rubbing FYI even on a stock +31 offset. Each truck is uniquely different but I've been through it and seen it on others.

Edited by NoMoreBadAssSilvy (see edit history)