Overdrive keeps shifting up and down at cruising speed.

• 3 weeks later...

Just an update. Replaced the TC, had the filter replaced, and filled with synthetic fluid. The shop looked everything over while they were in there and didn't see any other damage. I've been driving it for about 2 weeks now and so far so good.

This post and it's replies are quite surprising. Good to see you probably have the issue fixed. Hopefully you went with a bit over stock on the converter to work with the cam better. The high performance solenoids is confusing because all a solenoid does is just electronically stop and start the flow of fluid. Most high dollar trans builds use stock AC Delco replacements. This isn't a shot at you Merc, this is just telling you that if someone sold you performance solenoids they are likely stock replacements in AC Declo or Borg Warner.

Here is some info on why it didn't become noticable in 3rd gear.

The lockup in the converter works in 3rd and 4th. It is rare to see anyone tune a pcm and turn the tcc lockup off in 3rd. The reason he wouldn't have felt it do it in 3rd gear is simply that the extra rpm and gear difference takes the load off and allows the converter to lock.

• 1 month later...

This post and it's replies are quite surprising. Good to see you probably have the issue fixed. Hopefully you went with a bit over stock on the converter to work with the cam better. The high performance solenoids is confusing because all a solenoid does is just electronically stop and start the flow of fluid. Most high dollar trans builds use stock AC Delco replacements. This isn't a shot at you Merc, this is just telling you that if someone sold you performance solenoids they are likely stock replacements in AC Declo or Borg Warner.

Here is some info on why it didn't become noticable in 3rd gear.

The lockup in the converter works in 3rd and 4th. It is rare to see anyone tune a pcm and turn the tcc lockup off in 3rd. The reason he wouldn't have felt it do it in 3rd gear is simply that the extra rpm and gear difference takes the load off and allows the converter to lock.

Well....It's doing it again. Now it's in 3rd and 4th and it doesn't matter if it's in tow/haul mode.

Zippy, you may have misunderstood. You actually did the tune for me before you moved out west. I had trans work done a few years ago(after the tune) and they removed the high perf(corvette) servos and put stock ones in. I was told that this was the reason for the hard shifting I had. Also this would be better for my daily driving. I just recently had these new problems and replaced the converter with a 2800rpm stall which is what was in it. I don't have a high perf cam.

Out of curiosity, is there any sensor in the transfer case that would cause jerkiness while at cruising speed? I really notice it if I'm going up a slight hill. What about the servos going to hell? I can't believe the TC fixed it for 2-3 months then just gave up again.