SS truck went 10.4

BLOWN SS/T

Anyone here from the texas area or know this truck? Looks like spike performance Texas set this up. I think ive seen the truck on PT. Either way I saw on FB they posted a run a week or so back that it ran a 10.8 and I asked them about the setup but never got a response. I read somewhere that someone mentions an Lq4 and it looks like the 10.4 pass was on 11lbs of boost.
If anyone knows more about this post some info on this truck, strong runner and looks like the new fastest SS record.

I don't use FB but had to when I friend texted me a picture lol

There's more vids of the truck on their page.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=645277142193110

Looks like their running a 383 with an 88mm turbonetic. Im interested in more info on this truck, I'm guessing they're running a 4l80e and 14 bolt, wonder about the suspension. I asked them to come on the site if they're not already, I believe they're a sponsor on rgvt and probably busy with their shop but worth a try lol

I'm sure there are trucks out there, not everyone post online.

But I got a response from him. He says it's not a real SS, it's a clone.

And with the lq9 they ran a best of 10.8 @128 on 12lbs of boost. The set up they have now is a 5.7 that's done into a 383 with the 88mm turbo. And they're running the 10 bolt, and a 4l80e with transbrake. Still very stout times and an ex cab truck none the less, I know you guys are gonna say but it's not an SS lol.

They said they're going to push it into the single digits. That'll be cool to see an big truck go in the 9s. The 10.4 pass was on a 1.5 60' time that's moving for a big truck.

• 2 months later...

That's PJ Procharger he made the extended cab a clone ss has a light weight bed it use to be procharged running 11s but he went with a completely different setup turbo obviously and has ran like a 10.5 or so he has a Victor Jr but that's really all I can say I didn't really bother asking about his set up from what he told me it was a single 76mm I think its a pt88. He's tuned by spike and has a race coming up for him real soon there is a guy with a 2012 or 2011 extended GMC sierra with a 427 crate motor on low compression with a single 106mm precision its awd or 4x4 but not sure if he's going to convert it to 2wd soon. That's gonna be badass to see on the street. I think I mentioned him on here somewhere a long time ago. If you think he has a fast extended cab have you seen the guy running 9.4!?

Edited by AugustBurnsRed19 (see edit history)

That's PJ Procharger he made the extended cab a clone ss has a light weight bed it use to be procharged running 11s but he went with a completely different setup turbo obviously and has ran like a 10.5 or so he has a Victor Jr but that's really all I can say I didn't really bother asking about his set up from what he told me it was a single 76mm I think its a pt88. He's tuned by spike and has a race coming up for him real soon there is a guy with a 2012 or 2011 extended GMC sierra with a 427 crate motor on low compression with a single 106mm precision its awd or 4x4 but not sure if he's going to convert it to 2wd soon. That's gonna be badass to see on the street. I think I mentioned him on here somewhere a long time ago. If you think he has a fast extended cab have you seen the guy running 9.4!?

Hopefully they get that race in video lol

I've seen a few running hard, just thought it was cool that it was an SS, and considering what the best recorded 1/4 pass on this site is, thought people would be interested. Until findin it out it was a clone, still a truck and dam near or as good as an SS to me lol.

What's exactly does he have done to the be that makes it light weight?

• 2 weeks later...

If he's looking for a lightweight bed he just needs to find one of the ProTec beds. They are made of a composite plastic and were something like 50-100lbs lighter and yet stronger than a standard steel bed. It's a shame they didn't keep making them, but cost of production and lack of sales of that option eliminated it.