Header Help

Is the 03 SS metric on the header bolts or standard.(I can't seem to find this information) Also what in everyones opinion is the best Header Gaskets. Not looking to spend a ton of money on just gaskets but I also don't want crappy ones.

I believe they are metric. I buy the steel gaskets that are re usable, they cost a little more but are worth it.

As stated, the OE GM 3 part metal shim gaskets are best. Make sure to soak your old manifold bolts with WD40 or PB Blaster for a day or two before attempting to remove them. No air tools!

Edited by Fireman31 (see edit history)

As stated, the OE GM 3 part metal shim gaskets are best. Make sure to soak your old manifold bolts with WD40 or PB Blaster for a day or two before attempting to remove them. No air tools!

Do this^^^. Mine came out easily with a 1/4 rachet. Soaked them everyday for a week straight.

Do this^^^. Mine came out easily with a 1/4 rachet. Soaked them everyday for a week straight.

Same thing I did came out perfect. If you don't I can almost guarantee at least 1 breaking.

You can use ARP LS1 cam bolts for header bolts, work great. Don't recommend reusing the factory bolts.

I was under the impression these were the way to go.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&vxp=mtr&item=281275718672

Wow, those cam bolts are waay cheaper!

Edited by NipRing (see edit history)

I was under the impression these were the way to go.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&vxp=mtr&item=281275718672

Wow, those cam bolts are waay cheaper!

Studs are nice but really unnecessary IMO

And as you can see its saves quite a bit!

Victor Reinz MS16124 GM MLS gaskets. I know they say to reuse the stock ones, and you could, but mine looked like crap compared to a brand new set of stock gaskets.