WTB Brake Ducts

avtonomb

Number1gmparts.com is where I got a set of oem 06 style brake ducts for 200 bucks then 3days later they changed the price to 150 a piece they must not have updated there price but they can get them bolt on and go no paint work needed

Edited by Aldofashow (see edit history)

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Found this as I am in the same boat. Spoke with the guy a couple weeks ago as I am working a Silverado SS bumper to fit my Colorado. To the point in the build that I need those vents and attempted to contact him as well, but nothing.

Hope everything works out for you guys. If anyone has some they are looking to part with (a pair) then I am listening. Chevyman57, I sent you a pm about your set, but understand if you want to hold onto them based on your previous posts.

Interesting info, I'm still waiting on mine as well. I also don't want to mess up his ebay rating but I did open a case as I have heard nothing back from him. Hopefully he gets it figured out and they ship next week.

well, got mine from the ebay guy... I guess they will work? kinda rough around the edges, and don't really fit rite, but what do you expect for $160 bucks.

i would've spent the 300 for oem no paint just buy mount and enjoy and there made to fit right the first time.

after you have them painted post up how much money you have into them so others that need these have a better idea what there gonna spend before they can mount these.

I would think if it comes close to 300 after paint then the average person would be better off with oem unless you paint or have a close friend that will paint for cheap money my opinion oem is a no brainier

I do my own paint and body, so was planning on saving there,

I never took pics, just fixed them, the only real problem is in the upper corners where they meet the bumper cover, they don't fit the hole perfectly, the mounts are all in the rite place, but the wrong angle, and they needed more high build primer to make them smooth...

I was hoping for a direct replacement, with just a bit of paint work, but these are not, they are usable, but not show worthy.

Probably worth 50 bucks!

Edited by bark (see edit history)

These cost wise only seem worth getting for guys like you and others that can get them painted for cheap money but for the average guy that has to pay a shop to paint them time cost money and things used for prep&paint add up you could end up paying more for these then oem ones and like you said its not show quality I'm kinda OCD little things bother me.

not knocking these they work there just for certain people the average guy I think would be kicking himself in the rear if it cost them more then oem ones for 300 if they came painted ready to bolt-on for 200 then how could you go wrong then your saving 100 bucks

I have some oem ones. My truck got stolen and I has removed the cladding and brake ducts because I was about to paint it.

dude that sucks, but pm sent.

thanks

Hey guys update. I found new brake ducts at gmpartsgiant.com. Part numbers 2003-05 LH 12335767 RH 12335766. 2006-07 RH 89025753 LH 89025754. (Late 05 maybe too, only difference is grilles between all years). ) 03-05 more expensive than 06-07. I ordered 06-07. Just gona swap grilles. $221.62 total shipped to my door. Do a google/yahoo search with the part numbers and find the lowest price. Looks like price changes frequently.

Hey guys update. I found new brake ducts at gmpartsgiant.com. Part numbers 2003-05 LH 12335767 RH 12335766. 2006-07 RH 89025753 LH 89025754. (Late 05 maybe too, only difference is grilles between all years). ) 03-05 more expensive than 06-07. I ordered 06-07. Just gona swap grilles. $221.62 total shipped to my door. Do a google/yahoo search with the part numbers and find the lowest price. Looks like price changes frequently.

thats what I've been saying