Check engine light code P0332 help

Hi guys, had the check engine light come on yesterday whenever I gunned it for about 8 seconds. Of course I went to auto zone to get a code reading and the scanner came back with the code P0332. From my understanding it seems like it could be a connection issue with the knock sensor, a bad knock sensor, or the sensor is detecting a knock (which is what I'm afraid it is). Just wondering if anyone has ran into this before and if a knock sensor going out is normal and I just need to replace it or if I'm SOL and most likely have an engine knock that's gonna require an engine teardown (which I'll do if it comes to that). Thanks in advance guys! Here's the code reading slip

post-25624-0-64300300-1395508634_thumb.jpg

I think it's pretty normal for the knock sensors to go out on these trucks. I used to spray my motor off every week and water pools up around the sensors under the intake. It's a pretty decent job to change them. If you change them take some blue silicone and fill in around them so waste can't pool up. That's how my old truck was idk how these motor are setup I've never had them off to look.

Edited by coal miner (see edit history)

I replaced both knock sensors last spring the back one looked like it sat in salt water for years and the harness was brittle I bought both sensors and a new harness and intake gaskets the truck ran like brand new after and also the intake torques down in a certain pattern wasn't really that bad to do

To help you out in this bit of info that you have posted. This code will not come up because the sensor has picked up a knock noise. The knock sensor is designed to pick up knock so the pcm would just see knock from the sensor as it doing it's job. This code is caused commonly by the sensor getting wet as you are just finding out. You could just replace the one setting the code or go all in and replace both sensors as well as the harness. What you will really notice is that until you replace it the truck will be quite a bit slower at wide open because with this code the pcm sets the max retard to be in anytime you are in power enrichment.