Dead site?

Black Beast

we do not have that type of info or power.....admins do not get on here much.

What's the point of you being an administrator if you don't frequent the site?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

What's the point of you being an administrator if you don't frequent the site?Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

x2

Maybe they don't like the site for whatever reason or have moved on, or just too busy. But I think being active or monitoring the site should crucial part of being and admin or mod.

My 2 cents which I'm sure is worth nothing to most.

A little off topic, but when I search the forum the latest date it goes back to is April 2013. How do I go back further?

I noticed when I was trying to show my grandpa some of my content I had posted about my truck.

how are more active mods going to help the site? not like we have a bunch of bots posting spam bullshit.

The problem with the site is the current active community IMO. I rarely post anymore. All I see on here is the same stupid questions over and over. TONS of interest in group buys but it's all 90% tire kickers. And Maybe 2 or 3 active builds. That's it. What is there to keep bringing me back? There's no real active chat threads or off-topic forums which is really what keeps a forum alive.

• Admin

Hey guys. I am an administrator. I will be taking the site down for an upgrade this coming week. I will post a specific time tomorrow.

This is a basic step but I think we need to change the scope of the site from simply Silverado SS only to be more inclusive and performance GM truck oriented. I think this can be achieved by changing the forum structure and adding a few categories for the new trucks.

If anyone has constructive ideas please feel free to PM me. I see a lot of bashing and blaming going on so lets keep things positive, as that is what is required to attract more people to our community.

As far as traffic goes, the weather plays a big role. Also we are seeing a shift from people using the site actively to more of a reference. As some of you have already mentioned, a lot of topics have been discussed and re-discussed many times. Part of this is the normal life cycle of a forum that revolves around trucks that have not been produced in many many years. I think its time to reinvent the site.

Hey guys. I am an administrator. I will be taking the site down for an upgrade this coming week. I will post a specific time tomorrow.

This is a basic step but I think we need to change the scope of the site from simply Silverado SS only to be more inclusive and performance GM truck oriented. I think this can be achieved by changing the forum structure and adding a few categories for the new trucks.

If anyone has constructive ideas please feel free to PM me. I see a lot of bashing and blaming going on so lets keep things positive, as that is what is required to attract more people to our community.

As far as traffic goes, the weather plays a big role. Also we are seeing a shift from people using the site actively to more of a reference. As some of you have already mentioned, a lot of topics have been discussed and re-discussed many times. Part of this is the normal life cycle of a forum that revolves around trucks that have not been produced in many many years. I think its time to reinvent the site.

sounds like a plan to me!

Reinventing the site might not be a bad idea. BUT!! Please don't lose all the old material. It seems that the more and more we change things the more we lose the old "good" reference material.

I do think with the guys that are around here we can have a performance orientated site, plus regular truck forums.

Edited by Aksss (see edit history)

• Admin

Reinventing the site might not be a bad idea. BUT!! Please don't lose all the old material. It seems that the more and more we change things the more we lose the old "good" reference material. I do think with the guys that are around here we can have a performance orientated site, plus regular truck forums.

What material are you referring to that have been lost?

I completely agree with your sentiment, and have no intention of deleting any threads or posts. It simply doesn't make sense to delete anything. We would only be adding, and reorganizing the order of things if we choose to go that route.

What material are you referring to that have been lost?

I should have been more clear. It seems a lot of the older threads have lost pics that reference specific items. And I also know that most of that is from the hosted site deleting or removing the pictures. So not the sites problem.

I really like reading highly detailed explanations and how-to's that we had in the past. We have a lot of good information on this site and it would be great to see more expertise back on site or more participation.

On usin tapatalk, my biggest complaint is the search feature. It sucks to use. I usually end up waiting until I get to a normal computer to search out specific things.

That's a result of Mr P's absence, he either lost or deleted all his pictures. Not the site itself going stale, at least not directly.

I learned a lot from that guy!