need info on the STS Turbo

j4nash

would i have more power with the STS kit then with a radix?

How much boost could i run with the STS Turbo.

if i put in a new cam and 2600 stall would i be into the 12's and be making around 500 hp. Also with the STS kit, will it fit since i have TOG headers?

would i have more power with the STS kit then with a radix?

How much boost could i run with the STS Turbo.

if i put in a new cam and 2600 stall would i be into the 12's and be making around 500 hp. Also with the STS kit, will it fit since i have TOG headers?

HEY WHATS UP

I JUST GOT DONE TALKING TO STS TURBO TODAY FOR MY TRUCK .

THEY SAID IF ITS COMPLEATLEY STOCK I WILL MAKE AROUND 400 HP AT THE WHEELS RUN LOW 13s HIGH 12s AT 5PSI. NOW IF YOU BUMP IT UP TO 7-8 PSI AND RUN A METHANAL KIT YOU WILL GET ABOUT 500 HP AT WHEELS AND IT WILL RUN LOW 12'S NOW ABOUT THE HEADERS THEY TOLD MY THEY ARE USELESS ON THAT TURBO THEY MAKE NO MORE HP COMPARED TO STOCK MANIFOLDS. BUT WITH IT BEEING A STOCK INTERNALE MOTOR YOU SHOULD ONLY USE THAT 7-8 PSI ON A CASHON. NOT ALL THE TIME. NOW IF YOU PUT THE TURBO STYLE CAM YES THAT WOULD HELP. THE STALL WILL HELP TOO. THE HEADERS WILL NOT INTERFEAR WITH THE FITTING OF THE TURBO, YOU CAN STILL YOUS THEM.. ..

Do you know how much the total kit will cost? If I do the STS kit I will go big and want to run as much boost as I can. I already have a shift kit but I would get my tranny rebuilt for more power so I could run as much boost as possible. Can you put a intercooler in as well as the methanol to be able to run around 12-15 psi of boost.

THEY SAID  IF ITS COMPLEATLEY STOCK I WILL MAKE AROUND 400 HP AT THE WHEELS RUN LOW 13s HIGH 12s

This I want to witness........

ill second that...from what i remember they had a hard time getting into the low 14's in KS...with the exception of brent whom squeezed a 13.75 out of his set-up...

THEY SAID  IF ITS COMPLEATLEY STOCK I WILL MAKE AROUND 400 HP AT THE WHEELS RUN LOW 13s HIGH 12s

ill second that...from what i remember they had a hard time getting into the low 14's in KS...with the exception of brent whom squeezed a 13.75 out of his set-up...

brent was not exactly using a stocklk setup ehh? :ughdance:

brent was not exactly using a stocklk setup ehh? :ughdance:

well...STS was still R&Ding the kit for the SS in KS. there were a lot of opinions in KS either for or against the STS kit...i think there is still some proving for the SS application. if STS were to provide good numbers for their kits on the SS i am sure some of the opinions might change...

i think for $5k the radix would be the more complete kit. a lot of people have had good results...and with addition to headers...BSER for one is very close to the 12's with his current setup...which is very similar to where you will be j4nash...but with your addition of the cam, tranny build and stall i think you will be there...

and if you went with the STS, the TOGs should not effect that set-up since the turbo is mounted in the rear...

You'd want to sell the TOG's and put your manifolds back on (will be better than the headers -- keeps more heat in the exaust stream and will handle the pressure better). Use the money from the TOGs to upgrade to a GT67 turbo.

As far as 400 rwhp, F8L went way past that on a 5.3 and hit 12.6. I know, I know, the base 5.3 has less horsepower than a 6.0, so it stands to reason that a 6.0 won't perform as well... :crazy: As far as getting numbers, I'm the only SSS STS owner on track for posting times and you doubters'll just have to wait for me to be ready :cheers: I can tell you my last delivered torque log on 5 psi was 560 ft. lbs of torque, but I know that will discounted and argued over, despite the HPT info showing that pid is within 5% of their dyno in their testing. It is like a g-tech time, I know, but if you guys knew about the dyno calibration wars in FL you'd be discounting any dyno numbers too :D

I run 7psi all day long on the stock bottom end. No problems. Anything past 7, you'll want intercooling for daily driving. You can pick up and FMIC for the truck, but STS doesn't have one. The methanol is best reserved for your high boost setting, on top of the FMIC IMO.

THEY SAID  IF ITS COMPLEATLEY STOCK I WILL MAKE AROUND 400 HP AT THE WHEELS RUN LOW 13s HIGH 12s AT 5PSI.

400RWHP?? Doesn't our truck already make 345 stock?? A 55hp gain from a $3,500.00 - $4,000.00 upgrade? That doesn't seem right does it? When I see something like that, the cost VS. gains just doesn't seem worth it. Couldn't that 55 more HP be achieved from a header, exhaust swap, CAI, and computer tune?

I have an 88' Blazer to sell and I was going to buy the STS kit with that money. I've just been waiting for more info on the SSS kit. That info up above, if correct, isn't very promising. :cry:

Late- Alex

THEY SAID  IF ITS COMPLEATLEY STOCK I WILL MAKE AROUND 400 HP AT THE WHEELS RUN LOW 13s HIGH 12s AT 5PSI.

400RWHP?? Doesn't our truck already make 345 stock?? A 55hp gain from a $3,500.00 - $4,000.00 upgrade? That doesn't seem right does it? When I see something like that, the cost VS. gains just doesn't seem worth it. Couldn't that 55 more HP be achieved from a header, exhaust swap, CAI, and computer tune?

I have an 88' Blazer to sell and I was going to buy the STS kit with that money. I've just been waiting for more info on the SSS kit. That info up above, if correct, isn't very promising. :cry:

Late- Alex

No, no, you are confusing numbers. RWHP = Rear Wheel Horse Power. 400 RWHP = crank horsepower - 20% drive line loss (aproximately) So if that's the case the crank horse power on that set up would be around 480.

Since stock crank horse is 345, that is a 135 horse increase over stock. And that is definately worth 3,500-4,000 bucks. :smash:

:withstupid:

and jpsilveradoss03, if you want to keep posting you'll get rid of the caps and not keep quoting yourself. :nono:

Archived