Best Bang for Your Buck?

I am refi-ing my house and will have a little bit of extra bread in a few weeks.

I want to make the ol' SS a little more aggressive. This is my daily driver so nothing crazy. Lookin to spend maybe 3-4k. Currently have CAI, exhaust (stock headers), and a tune.

Ive done a few mustangs in the past but never gotten the gains I'd have liked from the amount of $ spent. I want to do this one right so Im looking for suggestions, keeping in mind this is my DD.

Supercharger. You don't know its there until you stomp on it, and as long as you go fairly conservative you won't ever have any problems. $4K would get you a used kit and a tune.

I was thinking, headers, mild cam. Supercharger is on the higher side of what id like to spend.

I bought a complete mp112 with under 10 K miles for only $2,500.... Just gotta look around. Once you spend $1000 on headers and the same on a can then consider a stall, you're right there lol.

With the right tune tranny will be ok with a Shiftkit n servo. Knock on wood mine has been great. Cam n 3k stall has worked out well. Been almost 2 years n alls well. Many Many hard launches on it so I know eventually it's gonna bust. A good size cam n stall good tune will get you close to a Maggie speed wise.

I personally like my cam stall n headers. Lots of other little things go with it. But I DD mine and have so at least 6 days a week. Runs great for what mods I have.

Theres a vortech sc on pt for $1600, would just need a heat exchanger, fuel pump, injectors and a tune.

If you wanna get best bang for the buck mods, I'd find some pacesetter LT's, TBSS intake and port your 78mm TB unless you can spend extra for the x link and 90mm TB, Tune, converter, and a cam. Maybe some E fans if you don't have them.

I agree on going with headers, cam and a re tune. That will allow you to not go over your budget. You may also need to upgrade to larger injectors depending on the cam you choose. If you do have money left over, a servo upgrade is also a good idea

Edit... If your doing the work yourself then I would look into getting a shift kit also.

Edited by Blown 346 (see edit history)

I am refi-ing my house and will have a little bit of extra bread in a few weeks.

I want to make the ol' SS a little more aggressive. This is my daily driver so nothing crazy. Lookin to spend maybe 3-4k. Currently have CAI, exhaust (stock headers), and a tune.

Ive done a few mustangs in the past but never gotten the gains I'd have liked from the amount of $ spent. I want to do this one right so Im looking for suggestions, keeping in mind this is my DD.

If your keeping it as a daily driver and are worried about saving gas or maybe even adding a MPG or two to your truck (if you can go easy on her LOL) I'd go with a used mp112 or Mp122 Radix... Easy bolt on and 120-140HP's with the push of the pedal... A cam and heads are GENERALLY going to demand more fuel due to longer durations the valves stay open over stock... If you dont plan on towing anything too heavy I'd go with a 2800-3000 stall on top of the radix for that extra grab the seat of your pants acceleration haha... I have a 3000 stall in my truck and my TC is locking up between 3000-3500... Tough to tell on the scanner because my scanner goes by 1/5ths of a second and within 2 tenths of a second my truck went from 2500-3500rpms and 2mph-16mph with lots of front wheel spin... :peelout: LOL.... If I were to ever have my truck just as a daily I would only supercharge it and do the necessary tranny work... Me on the other hand my SSS is not my daily so I went with the cam, head work, boost, meth, NO2 etc... blahaha... Gas MPG still averages 10-12 so I am happy with it

If your keeping it as a daily driver and are worried about saving gas or maybe even adding a MPG or two to your truck (if you can go easy on her LOL) I'd go with a used mp112 or Mp122 Radix... Easy bolt on and 120-140HP's with the push of the pedal... A cam and heads are GENERALLY going to demand more fuel due to longer durations the valves stay open over stock... If you dont plan on towing anything too heavy I'd go with a 2800-3000 stall on top of the radix for that extra grab the seat of your pants acceleration haha... I have a 3000 stall in my truck and my TC is locking up between 3000-3500... Tough to tell on the scanner because my scanner goes by 1/5ths of a second and within 2 tenths of a second my truck went from 2500-3500rpms and 2mph-16mph with lots of front wheel spin... :peelout: LOL.... If I were to ever have my truck just as a daily I would only supercharge it and do the necessary tranny work... Me on the other hand my SSS is not my daily so I went with the cam, head work, boost, meth, NO2 etc... blahaha... Gas MPG still averages 10-12 so I am happy with it

Im Liking the advice, think Im leaning towards the SC now, fuel is no worry, I work very close to home and use the old ladies car when we go far. I also want some funds to go toward the cowl hood and 3/4 drop kit, gotta look good while im burning up the rubber ya know.