The Storm

rcapone

Goddamn dude!!! That was a lot of work and $$$ just to take it back off... Hmm...

If you are concerned that the fluid is moving around a lot, and spending a lot of time heat soaking in the reservoir, try going from reservoir to pump to cooler to blower and back to reservoir. That way you're cooling the fluid before it even reaches the blower. See if the IAT pid drops any routing it that way. I hate to see you take all that shit off. And, I highly doubt magnuson's **** pump and little cooler is more efficient than that huge cooler and massive push fans.... Not to mention the increased fluid capacity of the tank and volume from the pump. You should be pulling a lot of heat away from that blower... Unless you're moving fluid through the cooler too quickly with that crazy pump. Like the fluid isn't staying in the cooler long enough to fully cool off before reaching the blower. If the fluid moves too quickly, you'll get the same results as if the fluid isn't moving at all... Just a few things to check before tearing it all off..

lol, sorry, I should have said plumbing setup only. Moving the Varimax to where the Bosch used to mount + re-using the little round reservoir that mounts to the battery tray on the drivers' side, but keeping the cooler.

Here's the really strange part, I just got home from a cruise (58 degrees ambient with IAT's 91) ...popped the lid off my ice box and the coolant is ice cold :crazy: - felt colder than the air temp actually.

WTF does kcocofodla stand for?

So you're taking out the big reservoir and installing the small one? How much you want for the aluminum icebox? :pimp:

I'm not sure what I'm going to do yet. Going to try some things first. The dude from Magnuson said I may have an air pocket or something. Tomorrow I was going to reverse the connections on the SC and on the heat exchanger too.

Dude, I ordered that Ice Box in October last year and didn't get it until January :huh: ...no way I'd sell it now!

Also, looks like I won't make the track this weekend unless I can get this figured out REAL quick...Just did a pressure test on the new 4L80 yesterday while driving because the 1 - 2 shift felt extremely soft under boost but under part throttle (less than half throttle) shifts firm. Anything say over half throttle, the 1-2 shift firmness ONLY decreases...the more throttle the less firm it feels but other gears 2-3 and 3-4 shift firm at wot! The pressure test while driving revealed 200psi under part throttle and only 180psi @ wot for the 1-2. Chuck from FLT is still scratching his head saying it tested "perfect" on his dyno. This is a pre 1997 4l80e btw, BUT his other 4L80 I sent back to him did the exact same thing until the 1-2 clutches finally cooked. I didn't want to say anything about his first trans cooking in under 4k miles and 7-8 months of very limited driving because Chuck stood behind the trans and built me this new one for only the cost of the new Coan 6 pinion low planets, upgraded billet shaft and shipping back & fourth of course, but now I don't know what else to do but reach out to you guys here to see if anyone else has had this same experience and found a solution.

Chuck said he couldn't find anything wrong with the cooked 80e I sent back to him, I just hope the valve body from the old one wasn't re-used in this new one thinking it was ok when there was a possible failure he didn't know about...that's the only thing I can think of, but I'm FAR from an authority on transmissions.

Any help with this is GREATLY appreciated.

Maybe a change in the tune is needed have you talked to zippy yet

So now what?...

Zippy says the tune is right on, Chuck is out of the office till Tuesday and says not to drive it wot if the pressure drops during the shift because it will burn up the clutches...again! I'm so pissed off and frustrated...about ready to order a Rossler but they're wait time is like 3 months!

Sure sorry to hear about this new problem Randy. Hope you find a quick solution.

Thanks Johnny!

Damn Randy if it's not one thing it's another. Hopefully you can get it fixed up here soon. Sorry to hear the bad news.

No shit, I hope so too but it's not looking very promising right now - no one seems to know exactly what the problem is. What makes it even worse is, the launch is so freekin awesome with those new gears, I'm dying to drive the shit out of it and can't!

Oh man I know how you feel bro. Be patient it will come around. It does suck shit keeps breaking. When you make big power you find all the weak links. It will come around :)