MAF Honeycomb FIlter

I attempted pressing it out with my fingers the other day but it seems to be pretty well in there. I didn't see the small ring to remove like in my GTP. I didn't want to hurt anything so I left it in

Start near an edge (pick one) and press it out with a flathead screw driver. Use some force it'll start to come out. It's super easy, don't be scared to use some muscle just make sure you don't damage the sensors. I'll see if I still have the screen so I can take a pic of it, maybe it'll help.

Start near an edge (pick one) and press it out with a flathead screw driver. Use some force it'll start to come out. It's super easy, don't be scared to use some muscle just make sure you don't damage the sensors. I'll see if I still have the screen so I can take a pic of it, maybe it'll help

Thanks, I'd appreciate some pictures.

Thanks, I'd appreciate some pictures.

Ok was out in the backyard and found the screen. So best as I can describe it, I used the L wrench as example of a screwdriver because it was laying around, but even an L wrench would work. So push on it like demonstrated in the pic with the L wrench and it should start pushing out, and hit again in a different area and it should create enough area for you to be able to grab it with your hands and just pull it off.

It's super simple, just pull the MAF sensor and take a look at it and you'll see it's an easy fix.post-12433-140255668575_thumb.jpgpost-12433-140255671067_thumb.jpgpost-12433-14025567297_thumb.jpg

Ok was out in the backyard and found the screen. So best as I can describe it, I used the L wrench as example of a screwdriver because it was laying around, but even an L wrench would work. So push on it like demonstrated in the pic with the L wrench and it should start pushing out, and hit again in a different area and it should create enough area for you to be able to grab it with your hands and just pull it off.

It's super simple, just pull the MAF sensor and take a look at it and you'll see it's an easy fix.attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1402556681.516437.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1402556706.457750.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1402556724.460735.jpg

Thanks alot for the pictures. I think i'll wait on this mod until I find another screen. Just in case there's an issue down the road. :pepsicheer:

For all of you who have removed the screen, did you guys see a bebefit? Better yet what was the purpose of doing so, has anybody put a vacuum gauge before and after the MAF to see what the pressure difference is? Or have you guys seen vacuum in the intake manifold at wot? The sole purpose of the sensor is to precisely monitor air intake by the engine. Why mess with it when it's such a crucial sensor. I've been looking for the log of a descreened MAF to show what happens to the readings, but I can't find it.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

I look at it as a restriction. I knocked mine out in 05 never had a Maf problem or any other problem with it. Has worked great. I can't say that it picked up any power but did loose any.

Until you get a reading of over 10,000hz reading from your maf you won't see any gain in removing the screen. The 02' and up Z06 used the same maf as the truck with the screen removed. I remove the screen in them when they run over 10khz to try to bring the lbhr/hz reading down giving a wider range. You won't see any power gain until you really move some air. Removing the screen is fine as long as you change the calibration in the tune for it.