2005 Elec Fan Assembly Fit on 03 - 04 SSS?

I CORNER

Would the connectors and bolts also be a quantity 2 or does that part number come with 2?

Thanks

the connectors will require 2 as will the bolts.

as for the harness, i'd recomend calling bryan for that. there may be someone on here making some if needed. they aren't cheap since the damn connectors are so expensive. on the other hand they are considerably better than trusting the ever failing F.A.L. powered system. using the factory connectors at the motors also insure's that there isn't going to be any water or other corrosive materials around the plug. fans are something that you always want to have working. the harness is certainly not a place to cheap out...

Thanks Zippy :cool:

Ok now that I see somebody has finally tackled this monster how was it? From what I read you guys are running them off the PCM. Have you had any reliablily problems? My main concern is making the transition with the heat out here. However I would love to eliminate the pesky clutch fan, especially out here during the summer (damn thing is loud). I literally have to run my A/C nonstop out here(mainly for my kids).

Ok now that I see somebody has finally tackled this monster how was it?  From what I read you guys are running them off the PCM.  Have you had any reliablily problems?  My main concern is making the transition with the heat out here.  However I would love to eliminate the pesky clutch fan, especially out here during the summer (damn thing is loud). I literally have to run my A/C nonstop out here(mainly for my kids).

they are fairly easy to install. as for reliability problems, at this point he's had them on there less than a day. gm on the other hand has tested them quite well and let me tell you they move some air. i don't think overheating will be an issue at all. after having worked on the install, they are without a doubt the way to go.

zippy

Ok now that I see somebody has finally tackled this monster how was it?  From what I read you guys are running them off the PCM.  Have you had any reliablily problems?  My main concern is making the transition with the heat out here.  However I would love to eliminate the pesky clutch fan, especially out here during the summer (damn thing is loud). I literally have to run my A/C nonstop out here(mainly for my kids).

they are fairly easy to install. as for reliability problems, at this point he's had them on there less than a day. gm on the other hand has tested them quite well and let me tell you they move some air. i don't think overheating will be an issue at all. after having worked on the install, they are without a doubt the way to go.

zippy

Once again Zippy comes through with the answer! Thanks Chris..... :cheers:

So how exactly are they controlled?  Is it just plug and play with the wiring or is more involved.  I would love to just buy the parts and plug it in.

Thanks

I have kind of the same question, but part of it was answered in this post, When you connect it to the PCM, is there a factory connection, or do you have to splice into it??? YOu talked about purchasing the connectors but where do they run to and connect to? This is something that I want to consider doing in the next week!!!

there are gm connectors that go to the fans. they plug right in to them and you just make your own connection to the wire at the other end with a butt connector or solder. at the pcm, you use the terminals available from a gm dealer and simply push the terminal into the empty port on the pcm harness connector after you've crimped it to your lead wire.

Archived