lost low end with LSXRT?

Okay here is the problem. When I had the tbss 243 ported heads big cam and 3600 my digs were crazy good! Now I got the lsxrt thinking I wouldn't lose any low end and only gaining mid range and top end, I actually lost low end and gained mid range and top end. Now I do have a ls3 throttle body and yes it is acting up with the tune now when I had the tbss it wasn't now my tuner says its messing up my drivability. I hear on these motors and heads we need to tune it with the stock tb or get an ls2 to fix and it will bring my torque back on low end and fix my drivability.

Edited by AugustBurnsRed19 (see edit history)

Yeah of course I've gotten it retuned and it took us about 1 hour and a half to get it dialed in but still it turns off at random when stopped I've looked it up and people say they have had problems with the ls3 tb on a vehicle below 2008 I think

Edited by AugustBurnsRed19 (see edit history)

Tb isn't going to be the issue of the tb was fine before the swap. The lsxrt is sensitive to installation and can very easily have unwanted air leaks which can cause said issues.

As for everyone that keeps on throwing "tuning" under the bus, you guys need to open a book and see how an intake manifold affects an engine tune, and how the pcm/ecm handles those changes. A tune will not fix a mechanical issue such as a vacuum leak but it can mask it.

By nature, the lsxrt is a high top end manifold, loss in low end is a major sacrifice here... This is a case of throwing parts at an engine isn't necessarily equal to better performance. Research and goals are a big part of putting parts together.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

My tuner was saying something similar to this and said not to bother with this intake due to leaks and having issues tuning

Proper installation fixes most issues. Most people don't take the time to properly set up for the install. They usually just want to slap things on and call it a day

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Gotcha its been a while since I've talked with my tuner about the intake but what your saying is pretty much the same thing he was saying not impossible but after the money for the intake and the money spent on time to get everything right I could put my money to better use.

all he works on is LS powered vehicles so I ask questions and not argue with him so far he has steered me in a direction I'm happy with and to be able to drive 1 town away for the services provided I can't go wrong.

I agree with everything chp said 110%! That is one of the best intakes money can buy if not the best. I ran it for 2-3 years with great success with a ls3 tb gold blade and never had a problem. They are tricky to install and get seated right and I wouldn't recommend a novice to do it some modification is needed to seat right. I could sit here a post link after link after link of dyno charts before and after of the fast intake over others not to mention give you personal experience that I dropped 3tenths of a second in the quarter mile from just bolting it on with a ls3 tb and xlink. You should gain all over the board with this intake but like chp said these intakes really shine up top.

Curious why you care about low end when you have a 3600 stall converter? You blow past your "low end tq" so to speak with the looser converter......

the big cam and top end intake killed my low end by just a bit when I launch it kicks in a second later when with the tbss it was there right off the bat. I want it to launch like it did before