lost low end with LSXRT?

It can't be a vacumm leak if it idols fine but shuts off when it comes to a stop if you let the rpms keep dropping?

I am assuming I need a ls2 tb now.

Actually a small vacuum leak can help aid in idle especially if at idle the truck doesn't have enough commanded idle air flow. Similar to drilling the tb.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Are you tuning with a wideband? If not spend the $200. Until you know what your afr is your tuner is just taking educated guesses.

For me it was the difference between a 14.2 at the track and at 14.06.

Sounds like you have built a top heavy setup. I'd buy the wideband, log. Tune. Log. Tune. Log and tune until it can't give anymore. Then if it's still a dog down low decide which parts you need to get it to your end goal.

Data is so important when making power these days. I think it's the one thing most guys miss.

Edited by powell (see edit history)

Because the LSXRT does pull much better up top I can honestly say its like 50hp with ported heads off an intake thats pretty badass! And I love the way it looks I'm not just throwing parts at it I'm aiming for for low 12s all motor and 11s on spray a while back I remember someone on here said oh great another thread where we throw parts at it and expect magical times. I'm not throwing parts at it I have a goal.

Lol its clean now sprayed every spot I figured there was a leak and not one variation in idle. If it comes down to it might just have to sell this throttle body and I also have a tbss intake just sitting here I'll sell that too and maybe buy a ls2 TB but we'll see I mean I see where these guys are coming from the ls3 tb, it was working fine.

Edited by AugustBurnsRed19 (see edit history)