Silverado ss Right Hand Drive Conversion

NZchevyman

Its just so wrong lol

:jester: That's pretty much exactly what I was thinking. (Kinda made my head spin looking at those pic's). At least they don't make you switch the brake gas pedal orientation. That would just be too much.

I am sure that it all makes sense to someone who grew up with cars arranged this way.

yea to me it looks normal now, it looks weird looking back at it being left hand drive. its much easier to drive here now, just need to get these wipers sorted. ive wasted a bit of gas the last few days tho haha, been driving around every where for no reason just cause it sounds so good and its been 4 months since it was on the road

yea to me it looks normal now, it looks weird looking back at it being left hand drive. its much easier to drive here now, just need to get these wipers sorted. ive wasted a bit of gas the last few days tho haha, been driving around every where for no reason just cause it sounds so good and its been 4 months since it was on the road

Looks great! Now all your hard work should be paying off the dividends of instantaneous leg spreading by any female New Zealanders that see that baby! :huh:

Looks great! Now all your hard work should be paying off the dividends of instantaneous leg spreading by any female New Zealanders that see that baby! :huh:

haha hopefully thats the case it sure looks big on our roads here tho as our pickups are alot smaller her. hopefully i can post come videos of her going once i get everything sorted

• 3 weeks later...

They day came yesterday when i finally finished the truck its taken ages but finally here, had to do a 3 hour drive to the closest place that can certify the conversion so i can register the car to use on New Zealand roads, he is also doing the registration for me as well so if all goes well in 2 weeks time i should be driving a road legal chevy whoop whoop :ughdance:

heres some pictures before and after anyway

4251C8E9-7B5D-4757-A42E-50A57812D6B8_zps

C01F8FC2-F782-4401-A5F6-658C975CAA68_zps

41C4FCF8-F9D0-472C-BEC1-1C7CA65D2692_zps

5B602F80-D0B4-4573-9A33-B35164D373DB_zps

CB7C7B74-9075-483F-8DA1-6542582E5A77_zps

296936EC-A91F-4F9F-9CB7-5B7D57AB5E6D_zps

167D6DEB-6623-4AE2-97E9-E0747EC0ABB6_zps

Missing the SS wheels there at home as used these rims to get compliance as ive stuffed one of the tyres and off my rims and tyre didnt turn up in time

C325E0CF-7B42-4D3E-AF04-62277F75DD37_zps

Edited by NZchevyman (see edit history)

hell yea it has ive been driving it around a little bit lately on temporary plates and oh man i love driving it, its a lot better on our roads now to being RHD i miss having it already lol and its only been just over a day since ive seen it. its going to be a long and painful 2 weeks waiting to pick it up, when that day does come tho ill be wasting hundreds of dollars worth of gas haha, doesn't help that gas prices here are way worse than you guys so it kills me when i have to fill it up, it was nearly empty the other day and it cost me just over $200 to fill it :wtf::mad: but cant do much about it. I am planing on moving to america in the very close future and i think that since i love these trucks so much i may buy another when i get there, and also i want to meet some of you folks off here. its been the best forum ive ever come across, i just wish there was more SS owners here in NZ then we could have meets here

Thanks guys it's cool to have people that have followed me along the way. There were nights when I felt like I was going to go insane. But I got there in the end lol. It doesn't look like much work now when you look at the truck from what it is now. But wow it's been the biggest project I've taken up. Think I'll have to buy another SS tho when I get to America. There such an awesome truck. And sound even better. This truck gets a lot of looks around town and a lot comments about how nice it looks. Anyway I'll keep up to date along the way when I pick the truck up. I need to take some nice pictures of it which I'll do when I pick it up in 2 weeks time

Truck looks great, awesome job. I hope that registration gets to you soon so you can spend some more $$$$. Where do you think you want to move in America?

Don't know yet im thinking either South California or North Carolina or maybe Texas i want to move for the warm weather just don't know where to go yet, i may need to start another topic about where to go and what not. its such a big country its hard to know where to go, and finding a job that someone can sponsor me in, is another problem as well :dry: