Silverado ss Right Hand Drive Conversion

NZchevyman

might be a few more months yet, im waiting on the guy that's doing the compliance to come check it, until i can bolt all the front end back on, and this weekend im going to work on the inside and starting to put that all together. hours wise i don't know lol heaps and heaps haha. but i want it to look right, i want it to look just like it did left hand drive but the other way around. after all it is an SS gotta take pride in your ride

Yes i can't way of that day, I've owned the truck since april and only driven the truck a couple of times :/ i had a crap day today nothing was working out right, gave up in the end and went home and had a few burbons :cheers: hopefully i have better luck tomorrow

been very busy all week working on the truck after work at nights, doesn't look like i have done much but everything takes time, i had to extend more wiring as some of it was still to short, spend a lot of hours tonight finishing off wiring and taping the whole bunch together so it tides it up, then installed the heater back in, the wiring just fit up behind the heater from where it comes through the firewall. Its really starting to look good now, just need to mount the dash properly as well as the passenger airbag, starting to do that tomorrow night,

post-26375-0-43251200-1409829370_thumb.jpg

post-26375-0-11035200-1409829471_thumb.jpg

post-26375-0-61399200-1409829523_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

finally looking like its nearly finished, took the truck for its first drive the other night feels weird driving it on the other side now, have a couple of minor issues i need to fix, main thing is i need to sort why the electric seats aren't working properly since i changed all the bits over between the two of them, the circuit breaker fuse is getting really hot!! that i cant touch it, so ned to sort that problem if anyone knows what the problem could be would be awesome. will post up some better pictures once i have the seats sorted so that way i can install all the inside back in . Also broke the clock spring in the steering wheel asa i didn't know that i couldn't turn the steering wheel more than 3 times both ways so i found out the hard way. anyway just deal with the problems and sort them out. I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel, what a massive massive project this has been don't know if i will be doing another one of these anytime soon, but for now ill enjoy my RHD SSS !! :driving:

finally looking like its nearly finished, took the truck for its first drive the other night feels weird driving it on the other side now, have a couple of minor issues i need to fix, main thing is i need to sort why the electric seats aren't working properly since i changed all the bits over between the two of them, the circuit breaker fuse is getting really hot!! that i cant touch it, so ned to sort that problem if anyone knows what the problem could be would be awesome. will post up some better pictures once i have the seats sorted so that way i can install all the inside back in . Also broke the clock spring in the steering wheel asa i didn't know that i couldn't turn the steering wheel more than 3 times both ways so i found out the hard way. anyway just deal with the problems and sort them out. I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel, what a massive massive project this has been don't know if i will be doing another one of these anytime soon, but for now ill enjoy my RHD SSS !! :driving:

Massive, massive project is right...you're a very brave soul!! If you don't mind me asking, I was curious how much something like this cost.

thanks yes didn't even think about the ground issues i had that issue with the heater fan not going so maybe the seats are not getting a good ground as well. cost wise parks will end up costing around 10k, thats the new dash new bezels new front part to center console and the odd covers and pillar covers, as well as the new steering box and fire wall pieces. then there is my labour who would know how many hours i put into it. there are shops here that charge around 35k upwards to convert a truck so ive saved alot but just spent alot of hours down there working on it. but at least i know the ins and outs of my truck now. also to add the last thing i have left to do on the truck is reverse the wipers so there working the other way. started doing that yesterday, thats gonna be a few hours work doing them ive heard it can be one of the hardest jobs to get it right, im sure ill get it sorted once that is finished and seats are working then its off to compliance so i can legally drive it on the road here whoop whoop :ughdance::pepsicheer:

Edited by NZchevyman (see edit history)

$10,000 is a pretty good chunk of change. You really need to be selective in the vehicles you decide to convert. Kind of makes your project seem like a "labor of love" as much as anything else.

Hope the seat problem is easy to sort out. I'll bet that first test drive was a thrill.

yea all the problems are now sorted ended up being the controllers as i left them in each seat when i changed all the electric's over in them but turns out each controller/dials in each seat are a mirror image on both sides so power was going to the wrong places, all sorted now tho. Took the truck for a blast last night, man i loved it. sounds awesome. yea it is a lot of money for it but its hard to tell you americans that its worth it but the thing is when its done it will be worth around 55-60k so there worth a lot of money here as theres hardly none here if any. well ive seen maybe 2 in the last 10 years around this country. will upload some photos soon just been bloody busy at work. and na going to leave the hood lever where it is. all conversions that are done here they leave them on the left side. no point moving it for the time that you use it

Here are some updated photos taken tonight, i haven't installed the bezel as you can see in the photos as im waiting till everything is all done then ill clip it on, only because ive had to glue the old clips off the old bezel onto the new one, as all the new parts are fiber glass not plastic, but you wouldn't know this by looking at the truck now. hopefully going to get wipers all done in weekend then its off to compliance as also have to finish off the pedals properly to get them angled properly, but that wont take long to do.

post-26375-0-11725200-1411641539_thumb.jpg

post-26375-0-06985000-1411641620_thumb.jpg

post-26375-0-48161400-1411641710_thumb.jpg

post-26375-0-58999100-1411641875_thumb.jpg