Silverado ss Right Hand Drive Conversion

NZchevyman

Heck Mark; Just ship the truck over here and convert it back to left hand drive. :jester:

Probably won't take you nearly as long as the first time.

i wont be doing that lol its worth 4 times more here being right hand drive than its worth in america, it give me plenty of money to buy a low mileage one when i get there don't you think?? ISS here i come :ughdance::fingersx:

Good point about the value of selling the truck in NZ. I remember your telling about how valuable the trucks are over there. I really was just trying my hand at a joke. I am sure that I wouldn't be looking at taking on another conversion job after following all you've been through with this one.

Wow, Came out real Nice!

Is there a company over there that molds the dash parts for you Or do you have to buy RHD parts through a dealer over there?

yes there is a company here that has the moulds to make the parts, so it different to GM, as these trucks were never made to be RHD. also there are no chevy dealers here, we have Holden which is Australia's GM. All the air vents and bits that are in the dash are the original parts the front of the center console is a new part as well, as well as had to change the left front pillar cover as the old one was to short.

Good point about the value of selling the truck in NZ. I remember your telling about how valuable the trucks are over there. I really was just trying my hand at a joke. I am sure that I wouldn't be looking at taking on another conversion job after following all you've been through with this one.

yea i know haha and bugger converting it back to LHD i would need new parts as some of the old parts have been chopped up now, i did seam a waste to cut up the old dash board for a small part, same with the bezel chopping the clips off it, i bet theres people on here that would love all the LHD parts and there all getting thrown away here

You would be amazed at the amount of standard LHD parts that get tossed here a regular basis here in the states.

yea if only more of the parts fitted on again as the cost of the parts i had to buy came to about $10000 thats nearly the cost of another truck :ohmy: but cant look at it that way, just seams a lot when you look at the fact that the truck still drives the same it did 4 months ago 10k in mods would make a lot of difference to it, but doesn't matter now as ive got a truck thats worth more and is road legal for here

hell yea it has ive been driving it around a little bit lately on temporary plates and oh man i love driving it, its a lot better on our roads now to being RHD i miss having it already lol and its only been just over a day since ive seen it. its going to be a long and painful 2 weeks waiting to pick it up, when that day does come tho ill be wasting hundreds of dollars worth of gas haha, doesn't help that gas prices here are way worse than you guys so it kills me when i have to fill it up, it was nearly empty the other day and it cost me just over $200 to fill it :wtf::mad: but cant do much about it. I am planing on moving to america in the very close future and i think that since i love these trucks so much i may buy another when i get there, and also i want to meet some of you folks off here. its been the best forum ive ever come across, i just wish there was more SS owners here in NZ then we could have meets here

Hi Mark here , I live in Auckland and have had two 2004 SS's that were converted by Bunces when new. one black - one red . still driving red one. I know off 5 black ones and two red SS in New Zealand

Tryed to post photo but to big sorry

Hi Mark here , I live in Auckland and have had two 2004 SS's that were converted by Bunces when new. one black - one red . still driving red one. I know off 5 black ones and two red SS in New Zealand

That's cool. Good to hear of others in this country that have an SS would be cool if you we could have a meet of all the SS's in New Zealand. But it would be hard to get hold of everyone. I brought my dash and bits from Bunce as well there's great people to deal with. I know of one black SS an arrival blue one and a red one. And now mine. So there must be a few of them around as you say. Wel it's still not many as I've never seen another SS driving around. Only know of them

That's cool. Good to hear of others in this country that have an SS would be cool if you we could have a meet of all the SS's in New Zealand. But it would be hard to get hold of everyone. I brought my dash and bits from Bunce as well there's great people to deal with. I know of one black SS an arrival blue one and a red one. And now mine. So there must be a few of them around as you say. Wel it's still not many as I've never seen another SS driving around. Only know of them

It sure would be cool to see other RHD conversions from your country.

If you 2 ever meet up, please take pictures!

**********HELP******

Hello everyone i really need some ones help. Im stuck with compliance issues hopefully some one out there can help me, i need someone out there that has the exact same truck as mine, i.e 2005 silverado ss 2WD 6.0 all of that must be the same and must have the 'vehicle emission control information' label thats on the airbox, my truck has an after market volant intake so this sticker is gone, the compliance place is saying that if i can find another truck thats the same specs as mine then they may except that as good enough. hope someone can help me, PM me if you would like as im going to continue searching until i can get something. Oh i forgot to add, all i need is a photo of someones label i don't need the original label, i just need a clear photo of one so i can show them. Thanks again people you've been awesome

Edited by NZchevyman (see edit history)

all sorted now i think got a label off someone so if all goes well the truck is going to be ready next friday now, has taken a week more but thats because of this dumb sticker thats held everything back. roll on next friday hope its ready then. fingers crossed