Black Bear Tune Question

Normandy

You need to connect the autocal to your truck, then the pc, start the software, the connect the software to the truck... Then go to validate pids. The software will communicate with the onboard modules and validate the pids that are available. If after doing that they still don't show up, then they never where supported on the ls1 pcm

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You need to connect the autocal to your truck, then the pc, start the software, the connect the software to the truck... Then go to validate pids. The software will communicate with the onboard modules and validate the pids that are available. If after doing that they still don't show up, then they never where supported on the ls1 pcm

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Thank you. I was able to get it to work today though there were 2 pids that said they weren't valid. I emailed to BB. I hope I got everything they needed. :uhoh:

• 1 month later...

I dropped .5 in the 1/4 with his tune and mild bolt ons

What were the bolt ons?

I did the nnbs/tbss intake with 87mm throttle body and long tube obx headers and on a iPhone app I gained .45-.5 seconds in the 1/4 just from his tune.

I gained .2 :mad:

• 5 months later...

My experience with Black Bear has been nothing but negative. So much so I had to stop payment on my deposit check. It was a circus attempting to deal with them. The readers digest version of my experience: First I was told to download v7.5 on their web site. There was no v7.5 to be downloaded so I emailed them. five days later I received an email suggesting I try a different browser which allowed me to see and download v7.5. I was directed to a web site to complete an order form and arrange the payment of $400 security deposit for the equipment they will send. I paid the $400 and received the scan tool then proceded to create logs. I emailed two logs and received a reply that the second one was perfect. Next think I get from Black Bear is a notice that I would need to send another $400 for another security deposit. I was also informed that I was provided the wrong link to complete the order for my Tahoe and would need to complete another form. At this time the security deposit went from $400 to $415 to the latest request of $420. This has been a comedy of errors on Black Bear's part and I was beginning to feel as if I was comunicating with a Nigerian doctor wanting to deposit millions in my bank account if I would only provide my account number. . I contacted my credit card company and disputed the original $400 I paid for what was supposed to be a security deposit.

Everything I was told turned out to be bogus. I'll not suggest anyone either do business or not do business with Black Bear but as you can see I;ve not had a positive experience with them.

Hi Don,

Not sure why you are now moving onto multiple forums, we discussed your issues on tahoeyukonforum in this thread: http://www.tahoeyuko...ead.php?t=68822

As you stated, you wanted to stop discussing, and we have done so. BBP can not refund money that your credit card company currently has in limbo.