Diggerdan11's HD Build

diggerdan11

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what bulbs are those in the dtr and turn signal?

btw the grille looks great and yes a brushed aluminum bowtie will set it off perfect

They are the Sylvania Silverstar Amber. They dont make them any more, they are still for sale, but are getting more and more expensive.

http://www.amazon.com/Sylvania-SilverStar-27-Watt-Performance-Signal/dp/B000AMW0FQ

• 1 month later...

So i got most of my interior stripped out. Im planning on installing sound deadning to attempt to get rid of some of the drone from my exhaust and also get rid of some of the road noise. It was a pain in the ass to get all the seats out, but I hope its worth it. I had an audio shop quote me $1000 to have sound deadning installed in the floor and all my doors, so I decided to do it myself for a lot lot less.

image_zpshs4xtgyi.jpg

While i have all the interior removed i decided it might be a good idea to fix my amp wiring since i did a half assed job running it the first time, as you can see

image_zpsvtkcflet.jpg

What are you using for sound deadening?,dynamat, lizard skin etc.

I decided to go with Fat Mat. It was the cheapest and i figured i could layer it and it still would be cheaper than dynamat. We will se how it turns out when i get to chance to install it next week.

Well i started early this morning and got the sound deadning material installed. I put 2 layers on the back half of the truck to hopefully help with the sound. I have a little left over for the doors. I got the front seats installed back in and took it for a drive and it does seem a little quieter and hopefully it is even better when I get all the trim back in.

CF99FAEE-9029-4DC0-9EF3-41AE78995C1F_zps

• 1 month later...