Diggerdan11's HD Build

diggerdan11

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking good, I will be down in Portland on the 19th through the 21st, have a booth at a convention down there. Will hopefully be bringing the truck down, will you be moved by then?

It looks like I wont be moving till the first part of October.

What kind of Convention?

• 4 weeks later...

So my fuel gauge went out on my truck, so I sent it off to Steve (Silverado777) aka the GM Gauge Guy

http://www.gmgaugeguy.com/

He fixed me up, and I also had him add Red LEDs and White Needles. It think it looks awesome!

Steve also added a piece of red gel sheeting that he put on the display so it would be Red, even though he tried to convince me not to because it would be hard to see. He was right, it is impossible to see during the day time, and really hard to see at night, so I will have to look into another solution.

Day Time:

816B5B18-732C-4F4C-914D-ACF2F5FF4D8D_zps

Day time with lights on full:

4F64494F-88B2-46B1-8A2D-46A358276D76_zps

Night time with lights on full:

5F0C8C6A-BE49-45FF-8D89-3E1549645C72_zps

Night time with lights on dim: As you can see you cant see the display at all

88F49043-A461-4811-8B5A-DCB87C070AAB_zps

Eventually im going to do an LED swap in the rest of my dash so everything matches.

Looks very clean. Only thing is yeah, get rid of the film covering the Info display Imo. Steve has these clusters down... hands down the most even Non hot spotted LED clusters around

I fixed the issue with not being able to see my display, but it looks like i need to fix my voltage needle, it somehow did not get back in the right place

5F38C64E-3825-4B67-8F9D-A155334C1FCB_zps

My biggest pet peeve with the GM cluster (Besides the fact that the motors go out) is that the light that shows your hi beams are on is so friking bright! Even if you turn your dash lights all the way off, there is this bright blue light and is very annoying. My 03 is super bright, but they must have fixed that issues by 05 because my SS was not even close to being as bright as my 03 (Same with my dads 06). I know others with 03's and 04's who also complain about it, I even know a guy who put tape on his cluster to block off the bight light.

So I took a small chunk of the red sheet I cut out and put it over the hi-beams on light. Its very dark, but not annoying.

CC2582C5-59F6-437F-9023-5CD7F440C4DC_zps

Dan, if you have a buddy at a GM dealership, have your instrument panel cluster calibrations checked, there is a calibration update to lessen the brightness/intensity of the high beam telltale. I know this because I updated all of my trucks calibrations when I first got it two years ago.

The cluster looks great, I need to send all of my interior shit to Steve to have the LED conversion done!

Dan, if you have a buddy at a GM dealership, have your instrument panel cluster calibrations checked, there is a calibration update to lessen the brightness/intensity of the high beam telltale. I know this because I updated all of my trucks calibrations when I first got it two years ago.

The cluster looks great, I need to send all of my interior shit to Steve to have the LED conversion done!

wow i did not know GM could do that. I may have to look into that.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm guessing your cluster came to me first. Cause when i plugged it in (at Steve's request) i thought the gear indicator was burned out it was so dark.

But today two of my white leds have started flickering :banghead: .

http://vidmg.photobucket.com/albums/v230/nip-ring/SS/575E5CE7-3EDE-4BFD-AC81-236BCA898F75_zpsiytib4tx.mp4

Edited by NipRing (see edit history)