Who needs cylinder head help?

Guys, anybody that says " they learned cnc mills and lathes in one month" is full of shit. Guys I'm in the cnc business. Been programming and setting up multi axis machines for 10 years. We've been in business for over 60. Guys that come in sounding like this ALWAYS end up not knowing Shit. We have equipment and cad/cam packages that SAM could only dream of, the best of the best and I've been programming for 10 years...... I can still crash the heck out of a machine. Btw anybody worth their salt won't work for free.....

Just food for thought guys

Guys, anybody that says " they learned cnc mills and lathes in one month" is full of shit. Guys I'm in the cnc business. Been programming and setting up multi axis machines for 10 years. We've been in business for over 60. Guys that come in sounding like this ALWAYS end up not knowing Shit. We have equipment and cad/cam packages that SAM could only dream of, the best of the best and I've been programming for 10 years...... I can still crash the heck out of a machine. Btw anybody worth their salt won't work for free.....

I'm sure his school has strict supervision with someone to double check every tool, every offset, make sure they have the right program, and then pull the edit keys before they let any of the students ever hit the cycle start. Still I'm glad I wasn't the only machinist on here who wouldn't trust my heads with someone still in school.

Just curious, since you have these great programs for heads, can I check out your business website. You must have winning cars going down the track or cars running on the street with your equipment. Also do you compete in engine masters that has the best engine builders in the country. Unless you work for bischoff or kasse I doubt you can beat us. Not sure why you can't pm with your number and tell me this over the phone and not trash this thread. How about you and the other guy quit talking about it and have a challange on ls heads. Edited by 03SSSAM (see edit history)

Just curious, since you have these great programs for heads, can I check out your business website. You must have winning cars going down the track or cars running on the street with your equipment. Also do you compete in engine masters that has the best engine builders in the country. Unless you work for bischoff or kasse I doubt you can beat us. Not sure why you can't pm with your number and tell me this over the phone and not trash this thread. How about you and the other guy quit talking about it and have a challange on ls heads.

I understand you're trying to start out and are excited about what you're learning...that's great. From my perspective, sending heads to someone still in school probably wouldn't be my first choice. IMO you should offer something that would be very attractive to a potential customer since you are at this disadvantage...possibly some sort of REALLY GOOD money back guarantee or even you absorb the entire cost up front, let the customer try them out and then get you paid. Remember, it takes $ to make $ and putting up your own cash to prove yourself would probably be your best option IMO

Just curious, since you have these great programs for heads, can I check out your business website. You must have winning cars going down the track or cars running on the street with your equipment. Also do you compete in engine masters that has the best engine builders in the country. Unless you work for bischoff or kasse I doubt you can beat us. Not sure why you can't pm with your number and tell me this over the phone and not trash this thread. How about you and the other guy quit talking about it and have a challange on ls heads.

We don't do cylinder head work.....

I make turbines, complex valves for aerospace, and rock bits for drilling rigs just to name a few. The little HAAS machines you use, wouldn't even machine the material I work with on a daily basis.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not trying to run the guy off if he's legit. My first post was just a little warning after seeing guys like Onebadcobra and Augustburnsred on here, not that this guy is like either one of them. He just seems a little over confident to me all things considered. His comment about being able to produce a product better than 99% of what is out there considering he's still in school seemed a little suspect to me. Anything CNC'd can only be as good as the cad data your programming it to, the person programming it, the machines running the programs, and the tools cutting the chips. Although his school may be good I doubt it has instructors and equipment that are better than 99% of what is out there.

I can say from first hand knowledge that the local Vo-tech HS has better shop equip than the Chevy dealer I go to, and the body shop has the one of the best paint booths around

My bud is the teacher master tech & ex dealer tech I gave them a bunch of krap parts I had collecting dust. The senior class built it up with used parts I bought. I admit I only have about $200-300 bucks in it. It's a pretty wicked sounding motor.

I then sent up my 84' T/A and as of June had it running & driving. Thy rebuilt my 12 bolt in my 70 GTO, and I'm gonna have them do the trans this year.

These are kids 17!

If I had a set laying around I would send them, only caveat is that the students are only as good as the teacher which normally has years and years of experience.