Who needs cylinder head help?

agree, also with little, to no experience..work at it for 5-10 years then i may consider it.ho

holly crap guys you must have had bad experiances before. I am currently working on a set of 706 and 317 heads. I will post pics here in a bit of working progress. I do know how to port but most of the heads will be cnc done. Now the cnc part won't be free but once i talk to you on the phone you will have no problem sending them to me. trust me i know what the worry is about and it probably doesn't mean anything to say that SAM is the Harvard of race engine building schools. So before one more person says that I'm going to steal your heads or mess them up do you do diligence and research the school and talk to me on the phone. I have no doubt once i post pics and do a set of heads for you guys that i will have to turn down work because there is to many request.

If your looking for heads to work on you might have better luck placing a ad on your local craigslist

If this guy is legit, and he could be I don't know, lets not drive him away. Come on man, what niche truck forum couldnt use this kind of guy in their corner?

I agree. I know a few grads of SAM and they offered the same. They got the practice they needed and others got a good product out of them. The school has a great program and gives the students freedom to contribute to the sport/hobby of others. I have another set of heads I won't be running so I might have him play around with them.

I'm not trying to run the guy off if he's legit. My first post was just a little warning after seeing guys like Onebadcobra and Augustburnsred on here, not that this guy is like either one of them. He just seems a little over confident to me all things considered. His comment about being able to produce a product better than 99% of what is out there considering he's still in school seemed a little suspect to me. Anything CNC'd can only be as good as the cad data your programming it to, the person programming it, the machines running the programs, and the tools cutting the chips. Although his school may be good I doubt it has instructors and equipment that are better than 99% of what is out there.

I'm not trying to run the guy off if he's legit. My first post was just a little warning after seeing guys like Onebadcobra and Augustburnsred on here, not that this guy is like either one of them. He just seems a little over confident to me all things considered. His comment about being able to produce a product better than 99% of what is out there considering he's still in school seemed a little suspect to me. Anything CNC'd can only be as good as the cad data your programming it to, the person programming it, the machines running the programs, and the tools cutting the chips. Although his school may be good I doubt it has instructors and equipment that are better than 99% of what is out there.

SAM Racing

http://www.powerblocktv.com/episode/HP2012-14/building-the-ultimate-true-street-race-engine#.U_AiJktN1Zg

Hey guys, i was going to put some pics of a set of 243s that I finished up and getting ready to put on a C5 today for a head and cam swap. This was a CNC, valve job, and blend. They flowed 315. Do I need to put the pics up on photo bucket first or is there a way to take it of the computer?

I have a set of 317s that I acquired some time ago. I haven't used them because someone broke off header bolts in them, and ruined one of those holes trying to drill it out.

its a shame a nice set of heads just sits in my garage.. ive thought about getting them fixed, but never found the time to look someone up...

I have a set of 317s that I acquired some time ago. I haven't used them because someone broke off header bolts in them, and ruined one of those holes trying to drill it out.

its a shame a nice set of heads just sits in my garage.. ive thought about getting them fixed, but never found the time to look someone up...

Well there is a couple things you can do. One way is to use a helicoil, if it's worse then that we would have to weld it up. This is something I would be interested in doing. Please pm with you info and I can give you a call.

Its not just about cfm... dyno gains and port design/velocity are what matter. Whose cnc program is it the schools?

I agree with you 100%. Just because your heads flow better doesn't mean it will run better in the car. There are people out there that just build heads to out flow everyone on the bench. We port and digitize our own cylinder heads.

Edited by 03SSSAM (see edit history)