4l80 vs 4l70

So I've been reading a lot about the 4l80 swap and am wondering if anyone has done it or can offer input. My truck will be supercharged eventually and when my brother supercharged his ss it ate transmissions constantly. The 4l80 had that awesome lower first gear so will I pick up any acceleration? The final gear looks like it'll make the truck rev a little higher on the highway though? Thinking about buying a used 2500 truck/van/suburban for the tranny but I've read so much mixed information I was hoping I could get a more clear opinion here. Some guys say the 4l80 will fail too and just costs more to rebuild. So is it better to just upgrade to the 4l70? The goal for my truck is to be supercharged running low 13s so which is the better option for someone with my goals?

*Topic moved to correct section*

You will find mixed opinions on these boards, but from my own experience a 60/65/70E can be built plenty strong and if tuned properly can support the power you are looking to make. Beefing up your 4L70E and backing it up with a good tune should be plenty to support your goals.

You will actually lose a bit on the bottom end from the first gear. the smaller the first gear the slower you will get out of the hole. I did the 80 swap. after going through 3 4l60e in the matter of a year and a half. 2 of those were built. I said what the heck lets try the 80 swap. it worked great for me. like stated above you can build a 60/70 to handle power but at what cost? most of the big HP truck and SUV guys go to the 80. the guys with TBSS also switch to the 80. So its really up to you. for the cost I have into my 80 swap I'm not going to complain. it took all I threw at it in complete stock forum. I launched the crap out of it with a 3200-3400 stall. that was with boost and nitrous. it never skipped a beat. I still have it just haven't had the truck together in 2 years. Motor came apart this time not the trans.