4l60e boom

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm at the point of trying this by myself, because their isn't a reputable tranny builder left. Funny thing is the zpack is still in good shape. Trans has superior shift kit, beast shell, sonny reinforcement sleeve kit, superior servos, oversized boost valve, wide band with reinforcement anchor, has the 5 pinion planets, 29 element sprag, I don't remember what else is done.

That's a bad looking sight. Hope the fifth time is a charm brother. Sounds like unusually bad luck to me, even with a 60. There are guys who manage to push a good bit of power through them. Could be that your right and just haven't run into the right tranny builder yet.

Well thats what im thinking I know theres plenty of guys running more power through it than I am so surely it should hold. I could understand if i was running nitrous or boost through it and beating on it constantly. Id think about putting a 80e in it but for what i do and what its used a 60 should be fine. Im looking at a pump kit, overhaul kit,servo seal kit,billet forward piston, aluminum overrun,valve body plate,blue max pac and than running the rest of my good hard parts. Any body have any recommendations?

I'm 500awhp and spray a healthy hit of nitrous off the line on top of that with a 3400 precision converter on 22's and haven't had a problem with my trans. I used Robert Godfrey AKA "transbuilderguy". Cheapest price is ever imagined and a solid fricken trans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like you had two problems on this one

This is my opinion, most likely the pump rotor broke from getting a little rammy with the converter one time or another when installing it during the many times it has been in and out. Happens quite often specially when trying to get the snout of the converter lined up with the rotor tabs.

Second, looks like the piston had a crack it and caused the clutches to fail. Could of been cracked from a previous failure? Hard to say

But I will let -----> onebadmax <------ put in his ball less words