Cool 80's Gas Saver Ideas

onebluess

Due to the gas mileage on my SSS I'm always on the lookout for a cool 80's gas saver. With today's gas prices everyone is looking for a gas saver. But gas savers really didn't get started until the 80's. And well most 80's compacts are just plain ugly. If you're looking for 28MPG in a 80's car what would be cool besides the CRX. Honda CRX seem too common. I thought of the 944 Porsche but that 2.5 Liter 4 banger really didn't do to well as far as MPG were concerned. My top vote so far is the Cavalier Type-10 Hatchback. Any ideas?

post-17446-0-86086700-1418760861_thumb.jpg

post-17446-0-11843200-1418760868_thumb.jpg

Due to the gas mileage on my SSS I'm always on the lookout for a cool 80's gas saver. With today's gas prices everyone is looking for a gas saver. But gas savers really didn't get started until the 80's. And well most 80's compacts are just plain ugly. If you're looking for 28MPG in a 80's car what would be cool besides the CRX. Honda CRX seem too common. I thought of the 944 Porsche but that 2.5 Liter 4 banger really didn't do to well as far as MPG were concerned. My top vote so far is the Cavalier Type-10 Hatchback. Any ideas?

Actually my first time seeing one. I sort of like it.

• 1 month later...

The Cavalier came in aqZ24 package. I had one a long time ago, and I loved that car! What it was like to be a kid back then. The Z34 came out in the Lumina, and the Z26 was the Beretta. They also had a pretty fast Beretta that had the Quad 4 in it. But the 4 cyl. always over heated.

Edited by Speedfreak391 (see edit history)

The Cavalier came in aqZ24 package. I had one a long time ago, and I loved that car! What it was like to be a kid back then. The Z34 came out in the Lumina, and the Z26 was the Beretta. They also had a pretty fast Beretta that had the Quad 4 in it. But the 4 cyl. always over heated.

Man everything you listed I loved. I had a love for FWD GM performance cars of the 90's. Grew up in them and they were available and affordable. Had them all I feel like. Z24, z34, z26, GTu, GTZ, and the GTp. The quad beretta was a GTZ. Stick shift. Only made in black, dk red white and blue I believe. Had color coordinated 16" wheels that matched body. I put a black set on my white 91 z24. Looked awesome haha