Transfer leaking

Boom, that's what I am using putting it together with lol I have just enough to finnish up with Monday then gotta get more. Love the stuff and use it on everything. Wish I knew how to do the pics on here I would snap some of all I've done to give someone else the confidence but I guess there's plenty on here as it is.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really don't know if there's a gasket for that application or if people get lazy and use the RTV to rush the repair I'm just saying I would use that honda bond over RTV after using it you won't have any leaks that's for sure id also scuff the cases a little to help it to bond better to the metal

I'm pretty sure you should NOT be using rtv to seal anything on the t case. What you should use is GM gasket maker that is what your supposed to use, it is pretty expensive but good stuff. It is like a think red jelly. I glanced at all your threads but you mentioned a cracked case that could also cause a problem for you.

Edited by EXGM (see edit history)

No he's talking about anaerobic sealer, it dries from lack on O2. Good stuff for sure brother, thanks for the tip and not using the cracked case just the tail shaft portion that wasn't damaged, decided that yesterday cause mine has the pump wear.

Well after replacing the pump, pump screen, tail shaft, input gasket and transfer gasket with a new chain and fluid it looks as if everything is running smoothly with no leaks cross my fingers. Thanks for the input and support guys, a man can really loose his mind when something goes wrong like this. Bath time!

Well after replacing the pump, pump screen, tail shaft, input gasket and transfer gasket with a new chain and fluid it looks as if everything is running smoothly with no leaks cross my fingers. Thanks for the input and support guys, a man can really loose his mind when something goes wrong like this. Bath time!

Good news Doughty. :thumbsup: