The Silverado SS's little brother

GBass

I for one will be extremely pissed if GM builds that truck.  :banghead:  They should have made the SSS a 400 HP truck not the smaller Colorado. If that truck goes into production I'm thinking I might be swithing to Ford.  :mad:

Look at it this way - if they actually do (we all know that story) build a 400 hp LS2 based Colorado SS, what would they put into the SSS? Maybe 450 - 500 hp LS2, say the ZO6 type? Or what about a V10 SRT-10 fighter?

This thing reminds me of the Syclone. I say build it, then put a 500 hp LS2 in the SSS, and we're all happy, right?

Frankly, I doubt they'll put the 400 hp LS2 in the Colorado anyway, but it's fun thinking about it. :chevy:

If this thing were produced, I would bet anyone a dollar that the sales figures will kill the SSR. You think you (as an SS owner) would be pissed, how about the SSR crowd, basically getting blasted by a Colorado with a few mods for $15K less.

RE big motors: California just passed a raft of smog laws for 2009, and the automakers damn-near choked. I am sure this means that the horsepower wars are again coming to a close, and this may have even been a factor in killing the L. Not saying I know for sure, just voicing my $0.02, but I think that we *may* have lucked out and, like the high-HP cars of 1969-70, been able to purchase one of the last new-millenium OEM muscle cars. the next two or three years will tell, but California emissions are requiring automakers to seriously knuckle down again on emissions.

I do think the concept is a sexy rig. Especially the side body mouldings, how they kick out at the bottom, it's very aggressive. Wonder if that is a hint at what GM ground effects might look like in the coming years...

Mr. P. :)

RE big motors:  California just passed a raft of smog laws for 2009, and the automakers damn-near choked.  I am sure this means that the horsepower wars are again coming to a close, and this may have even been a factor in killing the L.  Not saying I know for sure, just voicing my $0.02, but I think that we *may* have lucked out and, like the high-HP cars of 1969-70, been able to purchase one of the last new-millenium OEM muscle cars.  the next two or three years will tell, but California emissions are requiring automakers to seriously knuckle down again on emissions.

Sorry California, guess the other 49 states will have all the fun :driving:

...and this may have even been a factor in killing the L.  Not saying I know for sure, just voicing my $0.02...

The Lightning is on hold 'till 2008 because the SVT team is working on the Cobra for now.

RE big motors:  California just passed a raft of smog laws for 2009, and the automakers damn-near choked.  I am sure this means that the horsepower wars are again coming to a close, and this may have even been a factor in killing the L.  Not saying I know for sure, just voicing my $0.02, but I think that we *may* have lucked out and, like the high-HP cars of 1969-70, been able to purchase one of the last new-millenium OEM muscle cars.  the next two or three years will tell, but California emissions are requiring automakers to seriously knuckle down again on emissions.

Sorry California, guess the other 49 states will have all the fun :driving:

Im really not to worried about emissions regulations choking the HP. If you look at what they've done w/ the vette you can see theres a possability to get HUGE hp and still comply w/ the regulations (in the C6 emissions standards are exceeded). I'm sure that theres going to be some hp loss to meet the standards, but I think the technology is staying ahead of the curve enough that we won't suffer to bad... now how its gonna hurt your wallet... :uhoh: ... thats another story all together.

...and this may have even been a factor in killing the L.  Not saying I know for sure, just voicing my $0.02...

The Lightning is on hold 'till 2008 because the SVT team is working on the Cobra for now.

Yeah, is on hold! :shakehead: So is the Reg cab SS, the camaro etc etc etc. I wouldn't hold my breath on it. "SEE TO BELIEVE"

I think the colorado ss looks awsome, But I really don't think GM has the balls to do it. They had become the biggest teaser in the market. :mad:

The lightning isnt on hold, its been sh*t canned by the bean counters are Ford Motor Corp. it wasnt SVT's decision but the higher up people in ford. at the moment SVT is taking in mounds of letters and fax's and calls from pissed off lightning owners and sport truck lovers. i think its a shame to be honest.. the more sport trucks out there the harder EVERYONE will push to make theirs better which in terms means Chevy will get on the ball and kill em all

Archived