The Silverado SS's little brother

GBass

PV__021665__.jpg

PV__021664__.jpg

Vehicle Highlights

In the hallowed tradition of SS-badged Chevrolets such as the Chevelle, Camaro, and awesome 1990-93 454 SS Sport Truck, the Colorado SS show vehicle sets a new benchmark for road-going performance. The Colorado SS launches with 400 horsepower from the 2005 Corvette’s LS2 and then benefits from a complete package of high-performance features.

LS2 6.0L V-8 with 400 horsepower and 400 lb.-ft. torque that exhales through a custom-built performance exhaust from the catalyst rearward

Heavy-duty 4L70-E four-speed automatic transmission with floor shifter

Heavy-duty 9.5-inch rear axle with a locking differential for added traction and a short 3.73:1 rear axle ratio for rapid acceleration

Front disc brakes measuring over 12 inches that are sourced from the full-size Chevrolet Silverado; rear disc brakes from the Chevrolet TrailBlazer.

Lowered suspension riding on brushed nickel-plated 20-inch Silverado SS rims

Stylized interior with unique trim, bezels, and seats.

Custom exterior package with unique grille, fascias, flares, rocker extensions and tonneau cover.

http://forums.gminsidenews.com/showthread.php?threadid=8374

I for one will be extremely pissed if GM builds that truck. :banghead: They should have made the SSS a 400 HP truck not the smaller Colorado. If that truck goes into production I'm thinking I might be swithing to Ford. :mad:

I for one will be extremely pissed if GM builds that truck.  :banghead:  They should have made the SSS a 400 HP truck not the smaller Colorado. If that truck goes into production I'm thinking I might be swithing to Ford.  :mad:

Look at it this way - if they actually do (we all know that story) build a 400 hp LS2 based Colorado SS, what would they put into the SSS? Maybe 450 - 500 hp LS2, say the ZO6 type? Or what about a V10 SRT-10 fighter?

This thing reminds me of the Syclone. I say build it, then put a 500 hp LS2 in the SSS, and we're all happy, right?

Frankly, I doubt they'll put the 400 hp LS2 in the Colorado anyway, but it's fun thinking about it. :chevy:

For taller people, the Colorados may not have enough headroom. I am 6'-1" and felt like I was going to be bumping my head constantly... they gave me the feeling of not enough "elbow room". Colorados look decent-sized on the outside, but get in one and it's a different story. I'm glad things worked out differently and I got my SS.

Archived