Low Idle/ Near Stalling

Very possible, dies it run fine until it warms up? As in before closed loop?

Sent from my One M8 using Tapatalk

Yes, it runs better when its cold..Sorry i do not under stand the closed/open loop.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Closed loop is when o2s take over so when warmed up o2s run computer and adjust from readings. If bad can have issues like I had, when it's open loop o2s don't do anything the pcm tune controls AF adjustment

I'd say thats pretty hard evidence of faulty o2's. I'm going to buy some tomorrow. I'll let you know the results.

Woah woah, you said you had problems when you started running octane booster? I Was running Octane booster for a couple months only because the highest grade we have in Alaska is 90. My Idle started getting Low, rough and bumpy.. in drive I felt like it wanted to die.... the Octane booster had fouled My plugs.... yes they were jet black... check your plugs! I put new plugs in, stopped using octanr booster and no problems since... that was 15 months ago

The plugs that fouled out in my truck when running octane booster were less than a year Old also.... so yes... i wont put that crap in my tank anymore/ever again

Edited by Quicksilvers (see edit history)

That octane booster is junk. I would just run the highest possible octane you can get from the gas station up to 93. Pull some plugs and check them would be my first thought since it started after you changed them.

Woah woah, you said you had problems when you started running octane booster? I Was running Octane booster for a couple months only because the highest grade we have in Alaska is 90. My Idle started getting Low, rough and bumpy.. in drive I felt like it wanted to die.... the Octane booster had fouled My plugs.... yes they were jet black... check your plugs! I put new plugs in, stopped using octanr booster and no problems since... that was 15 months ago

The plugs that fouled out in my truck when running octane booster were less than a year Old also.... so yes... i wont put that crap in my tank anymore/ever again

I already changed the plugs about 6 months ago. It made the idle slightly better but this has really gotten worse the last few months. With what darienms1986 mentioned about the open/closed loop makes absolute sense. The truck runs better when its first started then when its warm. Thank you though

If replacing the o2's corrects this I will never use octane booster again. Guaranteed

Edited by Normandy (see edit history)

I just used regular ol wrenches

As did I however its too long to be able to turn it. It runs into the black ( i assume its a torsion bar).

Out of curiosity what did you gap your plugs at?

So, unfortunately the o2's didn't help much. The idle is more stable but its still to low. I did find that there is a TSB for rough idle/ unstable idle. Its # 193434 and 200565. I'm going to contact my local dealer tomorrow and hear what they have to say about it. I found this as well http://www.autorepairinstructions.com/?p=224