Factory Nav Unit with Backup converter

Yeah the old style original def isn't for everyone. The newer ones do so much stuff now it almost changes my mind, but not quite lol.

I like the fact nobody would give a second look for the "old" OE setup... with nav and camera the only thing I would be missing would be the Bluetooth and I can live without that... I have an ear one I keep in truck. I am gonna do this mod once I scape up funds after some other projects... now to decide Lux or Non Lux

No I don't think there is a way to reprogram. I bought one at first from a sierra denali since it was the same configuration as an SS, but it ended up not working. The only other one they had in stock was from an Escalade (smaller one like a tahoe). I was skeptical at first since it has a couple more speakers, but took it as exchange anyways. It sounded amazing and didn't end up having any type of issue. The only reprogramming I needed was the obvious VIN program in the head unit since I bought used. I think I had about 5 or 6 hundred into the whole thing.

Do you have a copy of the repin? One thread on GMfullze I have been looking at is from WAY back in time.... 2004. The person talks about repin but so far I'm about 10 pages in and there is nothing that shows the repin exactly. There were some attachments but the link is broken...

Also I see conflicting things... one says to disconnect the tweaters? Also did you run a wire from the cluster for the VSS input? If not it says it will be jerky... if you didn't is it really that bad. I am looking to do least amount of work as possible....

I may need to be on the hunt and find a nice wrecked low mile Escalade or Denali so I can rob all the parts like the CD changer. I like the pic of your Nav in your '06... you have inspired me to do mine now! :wink2:

Edited by EXGM (see edit history)

Yeah I think I have the print out somewhere. I'll look and try to find it in the next day or so. It was about 15 pages printed out lol. Seemed overwhelming at first, but it is actually VERY simple with these instructions. If I can find them I'll mail them to you. I'll also check to see if they are still online bc I know what I'm looking for. I didn't run anything to hit the VSS but I'm guessing they meant the gps? I only used it once or twice to text it out and didn't notice that at all. As far as tweeters, I def didn't disconnect them. It sounded great, not sure why someone would recommend that.

Yeah I think I have the print out somewhere. I'll look and try to find it in the next day or so. It was about 15 pages printed out lol. Seemed overwhelming at first, but it is actually VERY simple with these instructions. If I can find them I'll mail them to you. I'll also check to see if they are still online bc I know what I'm looking for. I didn't run anything to hit the VSS but I'm guessing they meant the gps? I only used it once or twice to text it out and didn't notice that at all. As far as tweeters, I def didn't disconnect them. It sounded great, not sure why someone would recommend that.

That would be AWESOME! I going to do it I just gotta start gathering the parts.... If you have a scanner printer you can scan and send as PDF also. Thanks man!

The VSS is just to help update the GPS, it locks the unit out when your moving so you can't enter info... also I guess it is a little jerky as the NAV updates as you move without the VSS input. Also from what I found it sets a code for a LAN error cause the Nav doesn't have a VSS input.... I think it isn't that big of a deal unless it is really herky/jerky....