Misc items needed for Intimidator SS

someotherguy

Just put my freshly-obtained Intimidator into the body shop yesterday. I've already found some of the stuff I'll need online, like a piece of bedside cladding that got messed up, and the bumper cover. Kinda bummed on the bumper parts prices tho!

My tailgate is smushed at the edge which damaged the cladding on it, and I've found that online as well - however it's pretty clear the Intimidator emblem is going to be difficult to salvage since it's several individual pieces. I could try myself but the shop is unwilling to mess with it.

I did find someone selling copies of the emblem but clearly not originals. There are some original door emblems out there ($$$$$) but not the tailgate. Anybody seen these available, anywhere, original?

So if anybody has:

Intimidator tailgate emblem

Tailgate molding strip

Bumper cover

Bumper upper step pad

I'm interested! Please msg me with all details. Definitely not trying to fake an Intimidator, can provide pic of my SPID label showing the SSI RPO code as well as the VIN etc. if you're concerned. :)

Thanks,

Richard

Just put my freshly-obtained Intimidator into the body shop yesterday. I've already found some of the stuff I'll need online, like a piece of bedside cladding that got messed up, and the bumper cover. Kinda bummed on the bumper parts prices tho!

My tailgate is smushed at the edge which damaged the cladding on it, and I've found that online as well - however it's pretty clear the Intimidator emblem is going to be difficult to salvage since it's several individual pieces. I could try myself but the shop is unwilling to mess with it.

I did find someone selling copies of the emblem but clearly not originals. There are some original door emblems out there ($$$$$) but not the tailgate. Anybody seen these available, anywhere, original?

So if anybody has:

Intimidator tailgate emblem

Tailgate molding strip

Bumper cover

Bumper upper step pad

I'm interested! Please msg me with all details. Definitely not trying to fake an Intimidator, can provide pic of my SPID label showing the SSI RPO code as well as the VIN etc. if you're concerned. :)

Thanks,

Richard

Ummm you could go to a GM dealer.....

Ummm you could go to a GM dealer.....

Yeah, and pay full price for new stuff when good used pieces that someone has replaced or parted-out would be just fine, too.

forget that rear bumper and just go with a roll pan :jester:

I was honestly thinking that from the start as I'm usually a roll pan kinda guy, but I'm on the fence as far as the SS goes. I've seen the custom one that fits the SS better than just a regular Silverado pan, and it's a nice piece, but I'm not 100% sold. I actually kinda like the SS bumper.

Richard

Would be way cheaper to send just the cover; I could source any ol' bumper locally. Unless I'm way off, isn't the steel portion of the bumper just a work truck style painted bumper with the plastics omitted?

I don't expect him to cover the shipping, if that's what he's worried about.

Richard

• 2 weeks later...

OK, I ordered up some parts today. Passenger bedside rear cladding, tailgate lower cladding strip, taillights, headlights & signals (they're just hazy/nasty beyond restoration), getting moving on fixing this truck up. Pretty sure I'm txting back and forth with Tyson06's buddy about the bumper, hopefully can arrange for him to ship it to me (totally willing to pay what it costs to ship; I don't expect him to cover that!)

And missed out on the freaking bid for a tailgate Intimidator script. Oh well.

Richard

• 2 weeks later...

Turns out it's a good thing I missed the bid on the emblem; seller has it advertised as the wrong part #. I got him to measure it and the #88980875 currently listed on eBay is actually #88980874 which is the larger emblem for the doors (about 12+" wide.) Too bad because his start bid is about half what it costs from any dealer. If someone needs a door emblem, that's almost surely what he has, but do your own homework first so you know for sure.

I did order the tailgate emblem today online and jeez it hurt to pull the trigger on $172 (shipped) for an emblem, but oh well!

Richard

Looks like I still need a rear bumper, getting that other one shipped seems to have fallen through.

I could probably just get a junkyard regular truck bumper and brackets, make my somewhat-damaged top step pad work and just buy the main cover, my lower step pad is fine. But it sure would be nice to just get a complete bumper from someone who has parted out a truck or put on a roll pan.

Anybody?

Richard

Looks like I still need a rear bumper, getting that other one shipped seems to have fallen through.

I could probably just get a junkyard regular truck bumper and brackets, make my somewhat-damaged top step pad work and just buy the main cover, my lower step pad is fine. But it sure would be nice to just get a complete bumper from someone who has parted out a truck or put on a roll pan.

Anybody?

Richard

Good luck on the bumper.

Im getting mine replaced on my truck as we speak, I think it came out to be upwards of 500 bucks from the dealership.