Header spark plug problem

catdaddy300

My passenger side front spark plug wire touches my header and wears it out rapidly. Any solutions for this? Smaller/shorter spark plug wires? I use AC Delco wires and plugs. While I am at it any suggestions for upgrading the wires and plugs? Thanks

Edited by Captin Obvious (see edit history)

taylor thundervolt wires are the way to go. installed with pace setter headers and havnt had any issue with them. the driver side back wire sits on the header and havent burn in about 5k miles. plug wires are a matter of opinion but have had good experience with them. My .02

part # from summit racing

TAY-79605
Spark Plug Wires, 409 Pro Race, Spiro-Wound, 10.4mm, Blue, Stock Boots, Chevy, GMC, 4.8/5.3/6.0L, V8, Set
(Mfr. #: 79605)

They also make some sleeves that you can put over the wires that are out of nomex (spelling?) I think. You probably need to find shorter wires but that is one of the dangers of headers they can burn up plug wires... lol.

Ok this might be a dumb question but what with the mm on the plugs bc they are all different. My ac delco say 7mm the msd say 8.5 and the taylors say 10.4

it means the thickness of the wires! The Taylors are much thicker then stock! Edited by SS RIDIN (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know the AcDelco plug wire part number? Im proably going to try the taylors but im just price matching

Depends if you have the long or short wires. At the dealer I worked at we just put long ones on every truck as it was easier and the parts manager only had to stock one part number. If I recall it not much different in length and gives you a little more working length.