Anti theft ideas

Diamondss

I'm thinking that my SS might become my daily driver again. My wife has an SUV that is the primary family vehicle and my SS would become the secondary daily/what I drive to work and stuff without the kids. I'm thinking of ways I can make my truck difficult to steal and was wondering if anyone tried disconnecting the battery and installing locking hood pins? Seems like that might be one of the easiest ways to stop theft.

Any thoughts? Any other suggestions?

An NRA sticker..... Seriously if someone wants bad enough they are gonna take it all your going to do is slow them down. If your that concerned a high quality alarm might be in order. A few weeks back at work I was staring out the window at the office. Someone got their car repo'd. Seriously the tow guy had that car outta there in like under a minute and a half.... It was interesting to see how they did it. It was just like you see on those repo shows on TV. My boss and I watched it all from the second floor of our office.

I remember in high school that my shop teacher gave me something for my Chevelle. It was a battery disconnect he picked up at princess auto where a piece would unscrew from the battery terminal and without this piece the battery didn't make a connection. The best idea would be to be able to put a program on the ECM that just wont let the truck start/move. Almost like erase the ECM so there is no program for the truck. Is there any way to disconnect a part and just take it with me? Doubtful they're going to bring a spare starter but without it the truck goes nowhere. I know as soon as I bring mine back its gonna get ripped off so I need to do something.

I agree, them pieces of shit will take it one way or another.

My advice would be removing the fuel pump fuse or multiple kill switches, even onstar.

Regardless, thieves steal trucks when they catch you slipping, but that's anything in life.

I say just enjoy it, and do whatever you can to PREVENT, but nothing is safe.

Im telling you from experience, my truck was stolen from my job in broad day light about three weeks ago.

Im telling you from experience, my truck was stolen from my job in broad day light about three weeks ago.

WTF...hate to hear that. :( It's happened to me too, years ago (my '92 Caddy clip longbed.) Got back a stripped, ****ed-up shell of a truck.

Richard

Pull the fuel pump fuse when you leave the vehicle for a extended period of time. It would be a pain in the butt to do it every time you went somewhere but atleast you wont have to worry about it being stolen... Or you can just get it supercharged and cammed and then when they try to steal it with a different PCM it wont start or run well enough for them to drive it unless they know what it has done to it and has it programmed in the pcm they are using...