Change of heart!

r8rs4lf

Well since I sold my K-5, I've been gathering alot of info concerning the Radix S/C and the STS kit. I think I've pretty much made my decision and a member here has offered to give me a ride in his Radix S/C SS to help me out, BTW thanks! If I go this route, I will make sure I go all the way with it like installing a shift kit, servos, a torque converter, blah, blah, blah.......... Might as well right?

I've been doing more and more thinking and I came up with a different route to go. Should have just bought the power adder before I had a change of heart! :banghead:

Instead of making my truck go faster, I've been thinking of making it look better, not that it needs much help in that dept :D . I have a budget of about $6k, maybe $7k if I need more. I was thinking about getting these wheels.

twisted_vista_6_500.jpg

They are the Intro, twisted vista wheels. I called them yesterday and got a quote of $2900.00 for all four in 22". I figure about $250.00 a tire. Would that be correct?A Goodmark cowl induction hood or a Keystone ram air hood. The Goodmark hood, from what I gather is about $450.00- $480.00 and the Keystone ram air hood is about $750.00. Big, big price difference there! I also would drop my truck with the 2/3 spindle drop from McGaughys which is about $400.00. So if I add all that up............

#1 scenario......

$2900.00- wheels

$1000.00- tires

-$450.00- Goodmark hood

-$400.00- McGaughys drop

-------------

$4750.00 total

Bear with me, I usually go with higher prices. Now, I figure about $300.00- $400.00 to fit and paint the hood, $200.00- $300.00 to install the drop and about another $100.00 for mount and balance and a wheel alignment. On the highside, that puts me at $800.00 more or a total of $5550.00. On the low side it's $600.00 more or a total of $5350.00. Shhhhweeet, both are under the $6k budget. :thumbs:

#2 scenario.....

$2900.00- wheels

$1000.00- tires

-$750.00- Keystone ram air hood

-$400.00- McGaughy drop

-------------

$5050.00 total

With the extra money, the highside will come out to be $5850.00 and the low side is about $5650.00. Still under my $6k budget. So basically I will make my $6k budget with some cash to spare.

Whew!!!!!!!!!! That was a mouthfull.

What do you guys think? I know there are alot of different variables like the drop might not work with the 22" Intros, ride quality, different pricing on things like the tires and blah, blah, blah, but you get the picture of which two different ways I want to go with this K-5 money.

I'm pretty sure I can make my $6k budget or go over slightly with the Radix S/C, TC and parts for the tranny. It's just which way to go??? :mad:

Help me out here fellas!

BTW, CLICK HERE to see the wheels on a full size. You can scroll to the right to see more shots.

Late- Alex

its your call man... if your satisfied w/ your power for now I'd say do the appearnace stuff first and revisit the S/C idea later. You could still do the shift kit, servos, pcm, torque converter, etc. now if you need a little kick in the ass.

Its your call... just go with whatever will make you happier :cheers:

Dont waste the money on the wheels. I would do the Hood, McGaughy's and the trans stuff. If you don't already have a Custom Tune, Exhaust and CAI, I would do those too.

Do the Converter and trans along with the other performance stuff and put the money you save towards the S/C or STS.

This way you have a good mix of added performance and looks.

Dont waste the money on the wheels. I would do the Hood, McGaughy's and the trans stuff. If you don't already have a Custom Tune, Exhaust and CAI, I would do those too.

Do the Converter and trans along with the other performance stuff and put the money you save towards the S/C or STS.

This way you have a good mix of added performance and looks.

I personally think the drop with the stock wheels and tires looks like @$$. The tire just seems way too thick and the wheels look way too small. If I were to keep the stock wheels and tires, I would just leave it at the stock ride height, that looks better IMHO. Thanks for the advice though! :thumbs: As for the custom tune, exhaust and CAI, I already have a Nelson tune, Flowmaster catback, and the Volant.

I still haven't made up my mind of what I want to do! :banghead: I think the thing that scares me the most about the S/C and the trans upgrades is the computer tune. I ended up keeping my stock PCM when I purchased the Nelson PCM so there is no problem with down time. It's just the mail order tune thing ya know? I would assume that Allen would tune it on the rich side since he doesn't really know what's going on with the motor, with me being located in Cali and all. It would just suck to have to be sending PCMs back and forth to get the tune right. A dyno would be nice right about now.

Late- Alex

I still haven't made up my mind of what I want to do!  :banghead: I think the thing that scares me the most about the S/C and the trans upgrades is the computer tune.

The Radix comes with a tune that will wipe out your existing tune. I am still running the the tune that came with the Radix (with some very minor tweeks, I am still learning :happysad: ). While Alan can make you a tune that is better than the stock Radix tune, the Radix is very fun on it's own.

Just so you know, there shouldnt be a doubt of fitment on the wheels. We make the wheels to fit your vehicle. Ask Eric how his fitment is on his black 22's. The wheels will fit just fine on a 2/3 McGaughy's drop, no worries. I have 22s on my truck and I have a Radix. You always have the option of doing both. :D

Archived