Coolant leak

AK04SS

Hey everyone,

I know there's a ton of posts on this topic (i've searched and read them all lol). But my truck is having a mystery coolant leak. I was thinking it was that coolant crossover tube or bad water pump gaskets. My mechanic friend that's been helping me take care of my truck since Ive had it thinks it might be a head gasket. I'm at 145,000miles now. I changed the oil and it wasn't milky at all and there's no sludge in the coolant resevoir. He pressure tested it and he said it would slowly leak out the front and back passenger side of the engine. He told me I should look into getting heads and a cam if he was going to replace those gaskets.

Anyways, is there anything else i can have him check before i start spending more money? the water pump was replaced about 2 years ago and a lot of the coolant hoses as well.

I would replace ALL the hoses! I had a "mystery" leak and found it was the upper radiator hose. My truck only has mid 50K miles and I replaced them, I figured they were 10 years old. Over time the rubber breaks down and with that many miles I would start there. These motors are not know for head gasket problems....

http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/topic/87705-mystery-coolant-leak/

Edited by EXGM (see edit history)