STOLEN SS

harrisonhoye

Thanks guys. They found it last night between 10-11. Sitting beside/ in front of the house that was at that address. Officer we spoke with said they'd popped the bezel on the driver side door handle to get in, and most likely, as how it was stolen once before, probably used a slide hammer in the ignition. However he said from everything he saw it hadn't been stripped or anything. Thank the Lord they found it. Credit to Dallas Police Department

Wow...amazing luck! I've had a truck I spent many years and dollars modding only to have it stolen and stripped. It ruined it for me. I put it back together and sold it, it would never be the same again IMO. Totally surprising they found yours relatively unscathed and you got it back, good for you! Now look into the Jimmy Jammer products to slow them down next time. I knew about their Jimmy Jammer plate from years back, but 1Fastbrick mentioning their tailgate product got me looking at their page again. They have the original Jimmy Jammer plate that helps keep them from screwdrivering under your handle to get to the lock pawl, but also have a plug that fills in the lock hole in your handle too. On my Intimidator SS I ditched the lock cylinder and rod altogether and put on an Escalade handle with no lock hole. Obviously if they feel like they have the time they will just end up busting a window, but the longer they take, the more chance for them to get caught.

Yep good news. Here where I live we had a community meeting. The DA in Charlotte refuses to punish people who steal cars. Even if they catch the person in the car the DA won't press charges. The police told us at our community meeting who's to say you didn't let the thief "borrow" it. The police offices express their frustration as well with how they "punish" (or lack there of) car thief's. Unless they catch them in the act of actually hotwiring the vehicle they won't arrest them. And that folks is what's wrong with this country....

F'in mind blowing. So I wonder how quick they would be to press charges on you if you blow someone away while they try to steal your truck? Just tell the DA you were letting him borrow some bullets from you.

Richard

Edited by someotherguy (see edit history)

F'in mind blowing. So I wonder how quick they would be to press charges on you if you blow someone away while they try to steal your truck? Just tell the DA you were letting him borrow some bullets from you.

Richard

borrow some bullets !!! lmao that's awesome

Wow...amazing luck! I've had a truck I spent many years and dollars modding only to have it stolen and stripped. It ruined it for me. I put it back together and sold it, it would never be the same again IMO. Totally surprising they found yours relatively unscathed and you got it back, good for you! Now look into the Jimmy Jammer products to slow them down next time. I knew about their Jimmy Jammer plate from years back, but 1Fastbrick mentioning their tailgate product got me looking at their page again. They have the original Jimmy Jammer plate that helps keep them from screwdrivering under your handle to get to the lock pawl, but also have a plug that fills in the lock hole in your handle too. On my Intimidator SS I ditched the lock cylinder and rod altogether and put on an Escalade handle with no lock hole. Obviously if they feel like they have the time they will just end up busting a window, but the longer they take, the more chance for them to get caught.

Richard

Yep that's the sad part you shoot them and you goto jail... your doing everyone a favor but then "your the bad guy".....

Ya I'll have to look into that. Seen them before, but also the fact like you said, that they would end up breaking a window. We're looking into different kill switches and disconnects now. Have one on an old roadster my dad's had for years.

Ya. Absolutely ridiculous that our justice system is so screwed up. Can't defend yourself but someone can steal a car.