Power Folding Mirrors????

spottedmango

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I love that feature on our trucks. I use it every time it is parked. It is now just a habit  that is done everytime I get out.

JOSH

I don't know if you're aware of this, but you can set them to automatically fold everytime w/o you having to remeber to push the button... go thru your driver settings on the D.I.C. and theres an option for it. You can also set them to angle down when the truck is in reverse to help you see the curb. :thumbs:

How do you set them for auto? I would really like to know, I looked in the manual and explored all options in the DIC and had no luck. LEt us know.

Dave

I love that feature on our trucks. I use it every time it is parked. It is now just a habit  that is done everytime I get out.

JOSH

I don't know if you're aware of this, but you can set them to automatically fold everytime w/o you having to remeber to push the button... go thru your driver settings on the D.I.C. and theres an option for it. You can also set them to angle down when the truck is in reverse to help you see the curb. :thumbs:

Hey I do have mine set up to tilt down when in reverse but did not know about them turning in automaticly. I am going home from work now so I will check it out.

JOSH :thumbs:

I don't think you are able to get them to close when the ignition is turned off.

What I do is start them turning in and then turn it off and while I am getting out of the truck they still continue to tilt in.

Both, my wifes 03 Z71 Tahoe and allmy SS's work that way. :)

JOSH

Maybe the '03's had that auto-fold-in feature?

I think their DIC is different.  They also have something to do with lifetime MPG?  I definitely don't have that in my '04.

The lifetime is under the same section as the range and oil life. It can be reset, but you can leave it and just reset your personal each fillup. By the way, my lifetime is a 14.2, keeps going up yay!!!

I asked my buddy that has an 03 Escalade and has had an 02 Escalade and he said that neither one of them has that feature.

On the mpg read- out, my 05 does not have the instant mpg, it has been repalced gallons used since last fill up. I like it, it is a little bit better that just the (low) so when the (low) does come on I can see how much gas I have used. Kind of cool.

JOSH

Archived