MPG test

dcairns

what town you in, I'm down here in Hunterdon County.... LOVE IT... GORGEOUS

-Joe

Warren county- Phillipsburg... work in Clinton. Did you look at the blue SS at Flemington? Very small world. And yes, Hunterdon is very pristine country, very $expensive$ but very desireable. Shoot me an E-mail sometime. :thumbs:

I think Shopman1 was the first NJ SSS.

• 4 weeks later...

My truck had around 1200 miles when I drove it to Memphis (Millington, TN) for Super Chevy from southeast Missouri. I drove pretty normal and the computer showed an average of 18.2 MPG. Once there I drove in to my Uncle's house...he lives in northern Mississippi just below Memphis....and then back Sat. morning and all over again . I ended up with an average of 16.6 before I filled up.

I was more then happy with this.....most of the time I average 12.5 where I live combined.

It's funny, but 1 time with the Lightning we got 19.2mpg. This was on a trip to Bishop, CA. 142 miles with the A/C on, and in mountainous country. We do not have a trip computer in the truck, so this was actual mileage based on fill-ups.

We have also gotten over 18mpg on a few occassions. Most of the time we average 14.5-16mpg in mixed driving. The only time we have gotten below 12mpg is when we have let the truck idle for extended periods of time in the winter (to get the heat nice and warm).

This is without trying. I am sure that if we tried hard enough, we could pull a 20mpg out of her. Rather amazing when you consider the hp.

• 2 weeks later...

My SS gets around 14.0 mpg average in the city. If I get on it a lot I've seen it head down towards 13. If I try to drive conservatively it creeps up towards 15. On the highway, depending on speed it usually gets right at 17 mpg. One trip I tried to maintain half-way decent speed and managed to hit 17.5, but on the way back said to hell with it and drove normal and ended up getting 16.3. Both these trips had the A/C on. I'm sure if I maintained the speed limit on the highway the truck would easily hit 18 and probably higher. I've only towed a small bass boat and didn't bother to check the mileage that time (too busy counting fish!).

Archived