New 2005 Z06.....

GEAR M UP

I just droped off the truck to fix up some things before I drop in the new trans next week.....

I was told that in 3-4 weeks the new 2005 Z06 would be in...So that means about 6 weeks....Color "Ice Blue".......I dont have all the info yet but I should have something soon.......

All I know is that I want one..... :D

2006_Z06Final.jpg

Specifications confirmed by GM so far:

• 427 (7.0 liter) C5R blueprinted motor called an LS7 • 512 HP, but rated at 500 HP• Titanium Rods • Dry-sump oiling system • 7000-rpm redline • Cold air induction with open hood vent

• 3.45 X 20" rear meats, with 19" fronts • Front and rear fender flairs

• The C5R aluminum block will be hand built and blueprinted at Wixom, MI. Each motor will be hand blueprinted and signed off by the individual engine builder• Cast Eutectic (11%-12% Silicon) aluminum flat-top pistons

• Lightweight intake valves (titanium, not confirmed?)• Sodium/Ka exhaust valves

• Aluminum hydroformed frame made by Dana • Pratt and Miller chassis design with a rear spoiler (may be a dealer option)

• 2900 lbs. but weight may be slightly more, but that was the curb weight at one time.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thats what I'm waiting for... the SS is going up for sale in about 4-6 months and I'll be the proud owner of an OH SH*T! machine :D

I passed on the CTS-V so there will be no discussions w/ the wife... maybe she won't notice the truck is gone? :dunno:

I've also heard the rear has a diffuser on it, but as with most pre-release info the dealer knows about as much as I do at this point. :banghead:

Jeff: Have you been able to get any approximate pricing from your dealer yet? My guy doesn't have even the slightest idea, but he said it shouldn't be too much out of line w/ the last Z06 since the C6 didn't jump in price over the C5. :confused:

:eek: thats so sick!! so is the C5R block they use like yours... just that they use different components?? OMG i want one! :cool: wonder how much this will cost... btw, i cant remember if u mentioned this before, but how much was your motor if u dont mind me asking??

I got nothing but what I posted......My Z06 was a few thousand $$$ less then the std loaded corvette.....I guessing $50-60K sticker price range, but who knows how much the dealer will add on?

Dylan that might be to fast for you, maybe you should stick to the SS or move over to the Cobolt SS....... :jester:

ss_home.jpg

kNeEgRoWpLz Posted Today, 12:32 AM

thats so sick!! so is the C5R block they use like yours... just that they use different components?? OMG i want one!  wonder how much this will cost... btw, i cant remember if u mentioned this before, but how much was your motor if u dont mind me asking??

I don't think its the same block.... :dunno:

A 427 sleeved motor would cost about $17,000 plus the C5-R Block @ $6,500.....So give or take a few bucks about $23,000 that should get you about 500+hp to the rear wheels......

Dylan that might be to fast for you, maybe you should stick to the SS or move over to the Cobolt SS....... :jester:

HEY NOW! :wtf:

I'll let you know if its too fast... I'll call you from my cell while topping it out on the freeway :devil:

all of that looks about right, but i don't expect them until about october/november of this time next year.

Zippy, that’s what I thought.....But they (New Car Mgr & Service Mgr) were adamant that they had one coming in! The official introduction of the new Z06 is at the LA or Detroit car show in Jan 2005?????

Who knows..... :dunno:

Archived